Anthem Mega Thread

If they do add in PvP I’d love to see something large scale (which I’m sure it won’t be). Something like a Planetfall 2. That would be epic.

Demo release date announced.

During an Anthem panel at PAX West 2018, Bioware revealed a demo of Anthem will be playable on February 1 for the Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

The early play session is being considered a VIP demo and will be automatically available to EA Access and Origin Access subscribers at both the Basic and Premier tiers. Those who have pre-ordered Anthem by the demo date will also be able to participate.

1 Like

So tempting to preorder, play demo and then cancel.

The graphics look fantastic, and I am I self admitted graphic whore.

Microtransactions will be cosmetic only, which I’m also on board for. Especially if it keeps the free content coming. Even more so if it’s more campaigns as well.

Don’t know if I’m down for 3rd person though. I’ve had a few exceptions that I’ve liked. The batman series, and the newer LOTR games, for example. Although, those used the same engine. I also felt like I was being punished if I didn’t use a controller in those games. And, using a controller so close to a computer monitor and not kicked back on a recliner just doesn’t seem right somehow, heh.

I am definitely throwing 5 bucks for one month of the origin subscription service to give the demo a shot, regardless.

BUMP… Updated the Wiki with a bunch of info. Check it out.

2 Likes

Anyone catch the stream today? They we’re showing off the storm suit. Game looks great and it’s only in Apha. I read it a comment that only 4 players in a world/instance at a time. I’m fine with that as it helps with game resources.

Can’t wait to Hulk-Buster some badies!

1 Like

So many options too change your appearance. Texture and color,

How cynical am I that when I see all this information about textures and color options, I assume that the game is going to suck and the developers know it so they spent extra effort trying to make it look extra pretty?

2 Likes

I am for new productions…I hope it brings us new adventures and things to look forward to. The concept of having more customization is becoming more of the norm in games. So I would actually be shocked to have not seen that as a function of a game and I think players would rage if such a feature was left out.

Oh, don’t worry. I’m sure they will find something to rage about.

2 Likes

There is a closed Alpha happening next weekend. You can sign up here.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/anthem/anthem/anthem-closed-alpha-info/

1 Like

Signed up last night.

Here is the trailer from the Game Awards but with some additional commentary by a dev at bioware

I think it was you brambled that said its kinda like halo/destiny meets pacific rim. seems right based on this trailer

My thoughts are basically Monster Hunter World with some Destiny sprinkled on.

Did any GRG get in the Alpha that could report?

According to the NDA all I can say is that I was in the Alpha.

3 Likes

would not want this to happen to you @Grex

3 Likes