Disney leaving Netflix to start own streaming service.

Get ready to pay out the ass for Disney streaming.

Yep, saw this yesterday and thought, my daughter is older now so it shouldn’t be a big deal for me. Then I forgot that they bought Star Wars and Marvel franchises, so it’ll likely lump under this… errrr

2 Likes

Yeah it sucks. Hopefully they can reach a nrw agreement. I am sure Netflix foes not want to loose access to all that content.

1 Like

Quite frankly, I am surprised it took Disney this long to want to launch it’s own service.

Yeah going down to this a la cart method for networks i think would cost an enduser more money overall. People are going to start being very choosey if all these company’s are goinf to want to start there own streaming services. Sure they will all start one one but in the end i think they will merge back together as the viewership wont be there.

Completely agree with this. When I cut the cable cord, I’ll manage most content thru amazon so it’s easier.

Hbo is really the main component I’ll look for. I’m sure they’ll clean up the interface soon. I’ll put a suggestion in…

Give Jeff a call. You and him are tight right?

Yep, tight!

Man! First Disney leaves GRG and now this! :wink:

1 Like

Does this include Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Defenders and the rest of the shows on Netflix?

I dont think so since they have bought rights from Marvel to develop these shows. I think this just pertains to stuff coming from Disney studios which could also include all the star wars and Marvel movies.

Edited to add: they are cutting their deal with Netflix as a distribution partner.

Didn’t they learn this lesson from Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four? They killed Fantastic Four comics over movie rights. They pretty much did the same for the X-Men comics, now they push the Inhumans.

you mean Marvel. the problem there is Fox. They got all that shit on the cheap while Marvel was bankrupt and they are not letting go at all.

No, Marvel killed off the Fantastic Four comic series since they don’t own the movie rights.

It didn’t help that all the Fantastic Four movies sucked. They’re also doing trying to kill off all X-Men comics but it’s a bit harder since they’re a more popular franchise.

Right they sold the movie rights to Fox when they were desperate for Money. They dont like what Fox did with it and cant get it back now. Well its not Marvels descion anymore really its Disney’s right?

Service launches on November 12th and will cost $6.99 a month.

1 Like

That is not a bad price and one I can live with. But I am assuming it wont stay at that level for very long. Just long enough to start its base.

Yea not a bad price. I think with all the content this is one I will get.