MS Flight Sim 2020 Mega Thread

Screenshots of the status bar while we wait? :grin:

1 Like

Actually good sir ive been able to run several runs so far

1 Like

https://www.msfsaddons.org/liveries here is where you can download free liveries and they give instructions on how to get them put into the correct folder for any playing. @GrumpyInUt here you go if you want and they work ive already tested them the ones you will want are the 70 plus the cessna 152 pack.

2 Likes
1 Like

I want to do that. I want to jump in a taildragger bush plane and explore the wilderness. I will be receiving my Series X on Monday the 6th of December. I will get familiar with the Cessna 152 but I plan on working towards flying and landing the bush plane.

1 Like

The CH701 STOL airplane is on sale for 50% off currently! Also 3 backcountry airstrips are on sale for 20% off.

I have completed the first two sections of the training missions and can take off and land that Cessna 152 decent enough. Next section will be VFR training.

I decided to take advantage of the current sale and bought a Zenith CH 701 STOL kit plane and four back country Idaho airstrip enhancements. 3U2 Johnson Creek, 2U8 Thomas Creek, and the 0U3 Mahoney Creek + D47 Cougar Ranch bundle. The plane was 50% off while the airstrips were 25% off. I took out my new Zenith for a test flight from 2U8 to 3U2. It’s about a 25 minute flight. Haven’t started VFR training yet but the glass in the CH 701 was easy enough to understand.

APRIL 14TH, 2022 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Screenshot by HeKa48 (Forum)

A new build is now available for SU9 Public Beta testers! Your feedback has been instrumental in this build and we thank you again for all your help! Click here to see the newest changelog.

Our next Live Dev Q&A is scheduled for Wednesday, April 27th at 10:30am PT (1730). You can now ask your questions to the devs here or upvote your favorite questions! We look forward to meeting with you soon.

MSFS Team

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Click here for the web-friendly version.

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version. To learn more about Accessibility in Microsoft Flight Simulator, click here.

SDK UPDATE

• General:
    • We would like to thank all of you for your excellent feedback about the ongoing Sim Update 9 flighting. It has enabled us to investigate & fix several important bugs in advance of release. Please keep on reporting what you encounter on DevSupport – and please don’t forget the “SU9” tag!
  • DevMode:
    • We are polishing the new feature which renders the game in an ImGui window at the center of the screen. We are currently adding “default layouts” for each editor to offer you a well-organized DevMode to suit your needs. Of course, you will always be able to re-arrange windows!
  • Visual Effects Editor:
      • We added labels for GraphParameter node properties.
    • Project Editor:
      • We are changing the Undo/Redo system to avoid potential crashes.
    • Aircraft Editor:
      • We fixed the Aircraft Editor corruption issues upon saving (FUEL_SYSTEM section).
  • WASM:
    • We fixed an issue that could lead to a crash during the module compilation stage.
    • We refined our work on the Terrain & Weather radar API.
    • We started working on the NavData access API.
  • SimConnect:
    • We’re currently refactoring the SimConnect input system.

THIRD PARTY UPDATE

• As of 04/10, we have now approved 246 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 143 (+1) have released 1,030 products on PC (+30) and 736 on Xbox (+21).
  • In total, 2,037 products (+25) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 526 products (-5) from 3rd party developers are in production (296 announced, 230 unannounced). In total, over 2,563 3rd party products (+22) have either been released or are in development.
  • Airports:
    • 1,456 airports (+6) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 1,231 airports (+10) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 696 airports (+4) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 119 airports (-1) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 106 airports (-3) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 352 aircraft (+4) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 119 aircraft (+4) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 81 aircraft (+2) have been released in the in-sim PC marketplace.
      • 54 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim Xbox marketplace.
      • 160 aircraft (+1) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 73 aircraft (-1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 674 sceneries (+10) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 608 sceneries (+11) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 151 sceneries (+5) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 16 sceneries (+1) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
      • 50 sceneries (-2) are not announced, but the dev let us know that scenery is in production.
  • Mission Packs:
    • 81 mission packs (+0) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 79 mission packs (+0) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 16 mission packs (+6) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 1 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
      • 1 mission packs (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that they are in production.

MARKETPLACE UPDATE

Click here for a web-friendly version.

There are 35 new and 26 updated products in the Marketplace today. Marketplace updates generally go live on Thursdays between the release of this blog post and 5pm PT.

35 NEW PRODUCTS: 15 ON PC, 20 ON XBOX
381x375

New on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 377x376

New on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 374x377

New on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark:
376x380

New on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 382x379

New on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 380x380

383x377

New on Xbox :white_check_mark: 383x377

New on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 382x379

381x379

New on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 381x379

New on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 380x378

New onXbox :white_check_mark:
384x380

New on Xbox :white_check_mark: 385x381

New on Xbox :white_check_mark: 380x379

380x379

New on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 381x379

New on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 380x377

378x380

New on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 382x377

New on Xbox :white_check_mark:

26 UPDATED PRODUCTS: 17 ON PC, 9 ON XBOX
382x377

Updated on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 382x379

Updated on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 377x373

Updated on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark:
382x378

Updated on PC :white_check_mark: 383x377

Updated on PC :white_check_mark: 383x380

380x378

Updated on PC :white_check_mark: 384x380

Updated on PC :white_check_mark: 385x381

Updated on PC :white_check_mark:
382x377

Updated on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 378x377

Updated on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 381x380

383x378

Updated on PC :white_check_mark: 383x379

Updated on PC and Xbox :white_check_mark: 383x379

Updated on PC :white_check_mark:
382x377

Updated on PC :white_check_mark: 380x378

Updated on Xbox :white_check_mark:

TWITCH UPDATE

Community Fly In RMS Titanic Memorial Flight - Friday April 15 at 1900Z

We stream weekly on Twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial! April 15, 2022 is the 110th anniversary of the sinking of the ocean liner RMS Titanic. The tragic story of this famous ship has been a subject of fascination for millions of people for over a century. To mark the occasion, this week’s Community Fly-In will include some famous sites in the UK associated with the history of the Titanic. We will begin the flight in Belfast, where the Titanic was built and which is now home to the Titanic Belfast museum. We will then cross the Irish Sea and make our way to Southampton, the port where the Titanic departed on its ill-fated transatlantic voyage. All are welcome to participate! Click here for details.

COMMUNITY VIDEO

One of the biggest organized flight simulation events of the year occurred two weeks ago on April 2, 2022: VATSIM’s Cross the Pond Westbound Edition. Hundreds of sim pilots and virtual air traffic controllers participated in this semi-annual group flight across the Atlantic Ocean. If you missed the action, catch up by watching this recording from YouTuber CptCanada who livestreamed his flight from Oslo to Vancouver. Warning: this is a full-length video (10 hours) of the entire flight, not just clips and highlights.

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

You can submit your screenshot via Twitter with #MSFSchallenge or the Weekly Forum Post! This week’s screenshot challenge: Alpenglow

This past week our Screenshot Challenge was “Beached“. Here are our runner ups this week:

Screenshot by danimalpm (Forum)

Screenshot by YusufWardana (Forum)

Screenshot by isaiahnparadise (Twitter)

Screenshot by AHal (Forum)

Screenshot by Stanty16 (Forum)

Screenshot by simtom2 (Forum)

Screenshot by EpicBlox19 (Forum)

Screenshot by MihamaBlend (Twitter)

Screenshot by Filippo20032222 (Forum)

Screenshot by HyperJet2018 (Forum)

NEXT DEVELOPMENT BLOG UPDATE – April 21st, 2022

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

I have just hit the 10 hour mark for pilot hours logged in MSFS 2020 on the Xbox Series X. Collectively I have flown over 1.7 million meters (1k miles) and have completed 31 out of 36 Training Missions. The last 5 are IFR Training Missions and I should have those done by the end of the weekend.

I have accomplished this all with just a regular Xbox controller and a USB Mouse plugged into my Series X. A dedicated flight yoke would be great, but I don’t want to shell out the $400 for the one I have my eye on. The cheaper route is to find a good video tutorial for adjusting the in game controller sensitivity and practice, practice, practice. SimHanger on YouTube has a decent setup and I have used it with great success.

A few tips to consider:

• Don’t worry about getting a C or B rating on a tutorial mission. You can still progress to the next mission.

• Attempt each Training Mission three times before moving on to the next one. The missions are usually short (under 5 mins) and by repeating them you will have better retention.

• If you need a break from Training Missions try a Discovery Flight. They place you into a plane in mid flight close to some interesting landmark. You can choose the one that you want and just fly.

• Practice your newly acquired skills by setting up a short VFR flight over the city you live in. You will recognize the terrain and can have some fun flying over places you know. The buildings may not look right, but the streets and the terrain elevation will. Setup the flight in the World Map. You can pick the plane you fly in. The Cessna 172 Skyhawk is a good choice.

• Have fun! As mentioned above there are other activities to try your hand at. Discovery Flights, Landing Challenges, and World Map flights are great ways to just play without being constrained too heavily or requiring you to fly on a specific course.

If you are looking for a wingmate, hit me up! I am confident I can fly any plane in VFR conditions and will be able to fly in IFR conditions soon.

Bush Trips have some issues. The worst one is the flight plan disappearing for the remaining legs. There is a possible workaround I have read from the Official MSFS Forums. Here is what you do:

• Once you land at the end of a leg hit NEXT
  • Then hit CONTINUE. It will load the flight plan for the next leg.
  • Now you can quit to main menu. When you reload the appropriate leg you will have the Flight Plan ready to go.
  • Do this for ALL legs to continue to get the flight plan for the next leg loaded.

Alas once you’ve lost the flight plan you will have to restart the whole trip. I will test this workaround and come back to this post with my findings. Smoke me a kipper, I’ll be back for breakfast.

Also you will need to create a keybind for theRepair and Refuel command or you might run out of fuel as the regular refueling method is disabled for the Bush Trips. I bound mine to Right Stick Click + A.

[BLOG] April 21st, 2022 Development Update

CommunityNews and Announcements

dev-update

Apr 20

1 / 1

Apr 20

1d ago

JummivanaSenior Community Manager [Z-7]

1d

Screenshot by A___LIVAS (Twitter)

Thank you to everyone who submitted or upvoted a question in the forums for our upcoming Dev Q&A! We are taking a look now and are looking forward to chatting with you next week, April 27th at 10:30am PT (1730Z) on Twitch.

As we near the end of our Sim Update 9 Public Beta, we will provide an update at the end of the week on how to transition smoothly between your Beta build and the public SU9 build next week for each platform. We hope you enjoy Sim Update 9 next Tuesday, as well as the release of our next Famous Flyers, the Gee Bee R2 and the Model Z.

MSFS Team

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Click here for the web-friendly version.

Forum Image

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version. To learn more about Accessibility in Microsoft Flight Simulator, click here.

SDK Update

• Roadmap:
    • Here is a glance at the team’s current work, and a list of features that will be made available on the upcoming update.Sim Update 10
      • Terrain & Weather APIs
      • Aircraft Editor V2
      • Game rendered in a window in the DevMode
  • General:
    • The flighting for Sim Update 9 is almost over. Your feedback on DevSupport allowed us to investigate & fix several critical issues. Thanks for all your time and your great engagement!!
  • DevMode:
    • We fixed potential issues in the Replay tool.
    • We’re polishing the “Game rendered in a Window” feature and it will be available in the next Sim Update.
    • Visual Effects Editor:
      • We fixed the double scroll-down bar in SimVar unit dropdown menu.
      • We fixed the multiplayer contrails that were no longer visible on Sim Update 9.
    • Aircraft Editor:
      • We have removed the Debug windows from the Aircraft Editor, allowing you to access them without opening an aircraft project first. You will soon be able to find them under “Options > Debug drawing > Aircraft”.
      • We are still polishing the new Aircraft Editor. A first version will be made available ASAP!
  • WASM:
    • We are polishing the Weather & Terrain APIs and creating samples to help you understand the usage.
  • SimConnect:
    • We fixed FacilityGetAirportList.

Third Party Update

• As of 04/17, we have now approved 246 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 143 (+0) have released 1,045 products on PC (+15) and 756 on Xbox (+20).
  • In total, 2,057 products (+20) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 553 products (+27) from 3rd party developers are in production (292 announced, 261 unannounced). In total, over 2,610 3rd party products (+47) have either been released or are in development.
  • Airports:
    • 1,470 airports (+14) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 1,237 airports (+6) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 699 airports (+3) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 119 airports (+0) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 114 airports (+8) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 358 aircraft (+6) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 123 aircraft (+4) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 82 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim PC marketplace.
      • 55 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim Xbox marketplace.
      • 157 aircraft (-3) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 78 aircraft (+5) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 697 sceneries (+23) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 617 sceneries (+9) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 153 sceneries (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 16 sceneries (+0) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
      • 64 sceneries (+14) are not announced, but the dev let us know that scenery is in production.
  • Mission Packs:
    • 85 mission packs (+4) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 80 mission packs (+1) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 17 mission packs (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 0 mission packs (-1) beyond the released missions have been announced.
      • 5 mission packs (+4) are not announced, but the dev let us know that they are in production.

MARKETPLACE UPDATE

Click here for a web-friendly version.

There are 49 new and 16 updated products in the Marketplace today. Marketplace updates generally go live on Thursdays between the release of this blog post and 5pm PT.

TWITCH UPDATE

Forum Image

We stream weekly on Twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial ! Tomorrow, April 22nd, is Earth Day! In recognition of this day, we have invited a special VIP guest to join us on our Community Fly-In Friday livestream. Gregory Davis is a commercial pilot, aerospace engineer, and President & Interim CEO of Eviation, makers of an upcoming all-electric commuter plane known as Alice. Greg will be here to answer questions from the community and share his expertise about the future of environmentally-sustainable aviation. All are welcome to join! Click here for the flight plan and details.

If you would like to learn more about Greg, we published a Community Spotlight article about him earlier this week that you can read here: Community Spotlight: Gregory Davis

COMMUNITY VIDEO

The upcoming Boeing 737 from PMDG is one of the most-anticipated addons for Microsoft Flight Simulator, and it’s launching very soon! PMDG has granted pre-release versions of this plane to several content creators to showcase to the community. YouTuber British Avgeek recently posted a short demo video of the PMDG 737. Check it out here!

Forum Image

PMDG 737-700 for Microsoft Flight Simulator - First Look Preview!

SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

You can submit your screenshot via Twitter with #MSFSchallenge or the Weekly Forum Post ! This week’s screenshot challenge: Earth Day

This past week our Screenshot Challenge was “Alpenglow ”. Here are our runner ups this week:

Screenshot by AlphaSierra5534 (Forum)

Screenshot by CuzDawg3 (Forum)

Screenshot by Filippo20032222 (Forum)

Screenshot by HolmesCZ6127 (Forum)

Screenshot by isaiahnparadise (Twitter)

Screenshot by Matt_Photomode (Twitter)

Screenshot by MihamaBlend (Twitter)

Screenshot by shizhe85511526 (Twitter)

Screenshot by tsujiKa_air (Twitter)

Screenshot by zkdos (Forum)

NEXT DEVELOPMENT BLOG UPDATE – April 28th, 2022

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1536038733430104064?t=iWhFzo_wkyqqZJAg5YSXWQ&s=19