Picard - the return

Watched episode 2. Still processing it. More of just a setup episode of which they don’t have a lot time to set things up. Isn’t the season only for 10 episodes?

Things I didn’t like

• Blatant use of cursing just to seem edgy. Just felt that the scene where the lady drops the F Bomb on Picard was classless and out of place for Star Trek. Yes, I know it’s nit picky.
  • Picard is too soft spoken. I don’t know if this is due to his age or if he’s trying to portray Picard as a person who is out of sorts. Is it because he’s used to being a Captain and in charge and he’s out of sorts and misplaced with being retired? Will this mission re-energize on bring new life to Picard and he’ll return to the same state he once was? I guess we’ll find out.

He was bored and even a little depressed from the sounds of it. He need a purpose. This was his excuse so when he saw this girl in need he jumped at it

@GrumpyInUt still in love with this show? 4 episodes in and we finally assembled the team.

Yes, I’m not going anywhere.

I love the nostalgia factor.

Star Trek now has become a mixture of Star Wars and the Blacklist.

A show I hear they are bringing back. They really have no original ideas anymore.

@Grex i wonder if the recycling is something new or we have just been around long enough that we have seen it all. are we just so old “we have seen everything” and our previous generations said that same thing.

GRG’s true test of a good or bad show…if both @Lala_Calamari and i like it or hate it respectively…I like everything this show included, and well LaLa…

That is one way to look at it. I am starting to repeat my father.

Just watched first 2 epi’s and it may be the nostalgia but I’m totally geeking! I’m liking a lot of the back story and answers

Fan service episode that didn’t move the plot one inch. Little worrisome as we’re on episode 7. The next 3 better rock.

It was fan service as it was a sweet reconnect on what I figure is Picard last mission(ride). Slow but I enjoyed cept them killing off hue! Wtf! That was quick!

Edited to add : next episode looks like shit starts to get real!

3 episodes left, it has to actually pick up.

1 Like

Lol… Quit being a grumpkin… Just once!

Epi 8…glad we got filled in on full story finally. Thoughtbsecen was gonna be new hive queen for a sec… Deff turnin romulans into the universe’s assholes again!

Yeah, Romulans being assholes again is fine. 7of9 plugging into the borg cube? Scary. The rest? It’s straight from Battlestar Gallactica with the been there done that story of AI. Now we have a planet full of Super Datas?

I’m sadly disappointed with this series. TNG was a great show (even when it wasn’t) and Picard just isn’t living up to it.

FYI… You might have been right… Discovery is weird as fuck!

Just watched the latest episode. Not Battlestar Galactica. This is a direct RIP of the story of MassEffect.

1 Like

Watch Picard for free!

1 Like