What order do you watch Star Wars movies in?

Yesterday was May the Fourth and I saw a few Star Wars posts on social media. One of those asked what order do you watch the Star Wars movies in? Do you watch them as they were chronologically released (4,5,6, 1,2,3, etc ) or do you watch them by episode number (1,2,3 maybe Rogue One, 4,5,6, etc)?

Personally I’d have to say when they were released. Otherwise you kill the big reveal in Empire Strikes Back is ruined.

2 Likes

I would never sit down and actually watch them all in order for one, and 4,5, and 6 are all I really care about.

I guess if I were to do something like that it would be by episode number.

Rogue One, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Fuck 1-3!

Hmmmm

1 Like

That post was forever ago. I can’t remember yesterday.

1 Like

Good thing you have a strong staff then.

1 Like

Yeah I knew this post sounded familiar. Good thing HR is all over it

2 Likes

Watch 1,2,3, clone wars movie, Clone wars show, 4,5,6,7 and 8 as that is the cannon now…then you will never watch them again…ever

1 Like

You forgot to watch rebels show.

But in all honesty, rebels is a great show. If you haven’t seen it, check it out.

This would be the wrong answer.

2 Likes

Watch Star Trek instead. OG Captain Kirk ones. Cause forget Picard or any of those other wannabes.

4 Likes

I’m so angry right now…

Wtf is a Star trek?!?

Star wars is like LOTR for me, they were great but who the hell had time to rewatch them?

1 Like

A couple of weeks ago I had a ten day staycation. I decided to watch all 9 Star wars films in episode order.
1, 2, 3, Rogue One, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Overall I am more of a Star Trek fan but it was fun to watch them all. IMO The Last Jedi and Rogue One are the best. The only person who whines more than Luke is Anakin. Chewie gets the best lines. They should glass that planet with the porgs on it. Maz Kanata is hot.

1 Like

I prefer the “Godfather 2” method:

Optional Insert - Rogue One
4: A New Hope
5: Empire Strikes Back
1: Phantom Menace
2: Attack of the Clones
3: Revenge of the Sith
4: Return of the Jedi
5: Force Awakens
6: Last Jedi

This method allows the viewer an air of Mystery surrounding Vader.
Just after the revelations of Empire, in Godfather 2 fashion, you flashback to Don Vito’s life as a child and young man and see his progression to what we learn of in Empire. Then you wrap up his story with Return.
From there on out it’s all about Michael (I mean Luke)… and he keeps trying to get out… but they keep dragging him back in.

:smiley:

1 Like

Yeah @Lala_Calamari … tell em…
Everyone knows John Archer was the bestest captain of any Enterprise ever!

1 Like

Enterprise the tv series was Quantum Leaps ahead of the other series…

3 Likes

You know it would have been great if they’d let him look at the camera at the end of the final episode and just say “Oh Boy!”

2 Likes

You forgot Rogue One