A Game Of Thrones Spin-off Has Been Canceled

They still have at least another prequel in the works so we’ll get more GoT’s style TV.

well there were 5…so now no more than 4…oh my

Still thinking too many

Especially because they’re all prequels.

1 Like

Regarding the prequel show he was working on, George R.R. Martin said it was set in a “very exciting” period of Westerosi history. “Bryan’s series will be an adaptation, and one that will thrill most fans of the books, I think, set during a very exciting period of Westerosi history,” he said. “And I’ll be working with him every step of the way; we’re going to be co-creating the show.”

Things can change, and they did, it seems. It’s not immediately clear why HBO decided to pass on Cogman’s Game of Thrones prequel idea, but HBO programming boss Casey Bloys previously talked about why the network was commissioning so many–as many as five were reportedly considered.

Yep. Five.

“The idea was, if we’re going to try it, let’s take a couple of shots and see,” he said. “My hope is at least one lives up to the level of quality [showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss] have set.”

So butcher the dialogue, destroy character arcs, and through tactics and strategy to the trash bin.

HBO is producing at least one Game of Thrones prequel, from Kingsman and Kick-Ass writer Jane Goldman. The spinoff will follow the progression from the Age of Heroes into the Long Night, which takes place roughly ten thousand years before the events in the original show. None of the characters or actors from the main Game of Thrones will appear in the new show.

That does pique my interest. That would have magic and dragons and grumpkins oh my!

1 Like