Amazon is developing a Free to Play MMO

https://i.imgur.com/vbQXpfo.jpg

Amazon Game Studios has announced its latest project: a Lord of the Rings massively multiplayer online game that Amazon is developing in partnership with Leyou. It’s planned as a free-to-play title for both PC and consoles.

The title was actually announced last year by Leyou-owned Athlon Games. At the time, Athlon was said to be working with an unnamed “partner developer,” which was revealed today to be Amazon Game Studios.

According to Athlon’s announcement last fall, the new MMO is set “at a time long before the events of The Lord of the Rings , exploring lands, people and creatures never seen before by fans of the Tolkien universe.” That may sound similar to Amazon’s upcoming Lord of the Rings TV series, which is also said to be set in Middle-earth long before J.R.R Tolkien’s main series. According to Amazon, the show and the game are being developed separately and are unrelated projects.

No word on when this will be released yet. Anyone interested? I’d like to see how the combat system works and if there is a large scale PvP section.

I am still waiting to see what this one plays like before i sign on for anything else.

LOTR MMO has already been done, which I think had strong lore if average quest design and gameplay.

Perhaps if it beats that strongly I’ll be interested.

LOTR MMO has already been done, which I think had strong lore if average quest design and gameplay.

Perhaps if it beats that strongly I’ll be interested.

I saw this the other day and thought the same thing. I played LOTRO for a little bit, but my computer couldn’t run it. I am currently thinking that this game may tie in with the series that they are producing for prime. So may not be in Frodo’s era, but way prior maybe sauron era.

Reading comprehension FTW.

1 Like

Wall 'o text… I was shortening it up…