Are people done with BF1?

I lost interest because I want to try other games.

On the weeks Iā€™m gaming I do play at least once a week but like Ciphers I tend to bounce around. As for games like Destiny and Division taking their place? Maybe somewhat but there are nights I just want to get on the box, have a drink and shoot shit up and not think about what i need to earn, craft or what mission i havenā€™t run yet. Thats were games like BF and COD come in for me.

I find myself getting bored more quickly with games on this console, not sure if its the content, the increased number of choices, or the change in the xbox community. I know when X1 came out at first it split the xbox community between the 360 and 1. Some got it some didnā€™t. Some went PS it seems to have splintered the community in a way it really has not recovered. The way the party system was " improved" seemed to add to it.

I will be playing it for a while just like BF4. I have not really played this one as much as the last due to commitments but plan to continue.

1 Like

This is exactly how I feel! Thereā€™s tons of times I hop on the Xbox app and see no oneā€™s playingā€¦so I just check back later. Then when you find someone, between the ridiculous loading times, black screen and lack of being able to actually join your friend, itā€™s likeā€¦Iā€™ll just go do something else.

2 Likes

Necroing an old thread here. After tonightā€™s community night I think Iā€™m pretty much done with BF1. Iā€™ve unlocked and ranked up everything Iā€™ve needed. The lack of decent DLC, or the slow release schedule doesnā€™t help. But what was the final nail is just retarded teams. No one plays the objective, everyone snipes. It can be really frustrating to play when youā€™re team just canā€™t or wonā€™t do shit.

Truthfully, I canā€™t really bitch about the game being shitty. Iā€™m in the 70s for rank so I put a ton of time in. I just think Iā€™m over it now and just force myself to play on GRG nights.

@Lala_Calamari I agree with you about bf1. The past 2 community nights Iā€™ve played Iā€™ve gone 0-10 I think. The grg squad up nice and we work well calling obj but we are the only ones doing it. The rest of the taters are just k/d % hunting. They could care less about the teamwork.

Thatā€™s always been the case with BF though. Itā€™s been especially bad with BF1 because itā€™s brought out the CoD and more mainstream crowd.

2 Likes

I still like it and will play it on GRG nights but I have to admit the lack of DLC is making me look at other games. I even caught myself looking at ESO again since it was on saleā€¦

Itā€™s one of my most regretted purchases.

They definitely CODā€™d the game. It plays more like a CoD title on super sized maps than a battlefield game. Probably because of the lack of extras in equipment.

1 Like

I agree with all. I like it but will probably just be playing on community nights.

1 Like

I like the game, agree DLC taking too long.

This is the time of year I get bored with everything really. All the hype of new games then you wait for months gets me every year.

This time of year is my go back and play the games I did not get to or buy the ones on sale I was interested in but not enough to pay full price

Played BF4 last night someā€¦it was refreshingā€¦i guess it seemed not so open compared to BF1

Anyone left? Iā€™ve been away for a bit and come back and it looks like everyone left for Destiny.
Is there any point in joining the platoon at this point? Donā€™t know much about it since itā€™s been introduced during my break.

Anywaysā€¦Iā€™m still around if thereā€™s anyone left playing BF1.

@BattlefieldPlayers

Iā€™m not sure. The Destiny 2 crack has hit pretty hard. Iā€™ve seen a lot of people return just for that. I think we have a few that still are playing BF1. Most of us are taking a break. The lack of content really killed the game. Can only really play the basic map pack (and 1 dlc) so much over the course of a year.

The fact it would switch squads to different teams was a major bummer. It would of been so much better if we could keep 2-3 GRG squads on the same team, game after game.

People may check it out when they finally release the 2nd DLC.

1 Like

The entire time I read this my brain interpretation was, ā€œPUBG PUBG PUBG.
PUBG PUBG PUBG PUBG, tomato. ā€¦ PUBG.

(-:

2 Likes

I agree. This feels like a CoD game rather than a BF title. I just donā€™t enjoy it as much as 3 and 4.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing it lately. I will agree that it doesnā€™t have the draw as 3 or 4 but trying to unlock some of the other guns have given it new life for me. A challenge. If Iā€™m ever on or I see anyone on letā€™s squad up. Itā€™s def more fun in a group.

2 Likes

SQUAD UP!

(Jeez automod, yes it is a complete sentence, ffs.)

2 Likes

Squad up!

Works for me. Itā€™s good to be the king!