Are people done with BF1?

This is a pretty good discussion on the decline of interest in BF1. While I still enjoy the game, it’s not one I can play on a nightly basis. A couple nights a week work well for me. I think they released the game with not enough maps. The rotation is too short. Also, the DLC release schedule is way off from BF4. At this time of release BF4 had 2 DLCs ship vs none for BF1.

What are your thoughts?

I am obviously not around my Xbox that much but the length of matches at times is what deters me. You can’t just pop on for a short bit and play with your friends.

Good video and topic. For me honestly, BF1 didn’t grab me like previous BF games like BFBC2, BF3, BF4. I can’t really put my finger on why but after playing a fair share on both ps4 and xbone I have to say that I’m one of the people that is pretty much done with BF1. I think it is a good game and have had fun with it, especially trash talking and yucking it up with you all but I’m just not excited for it anymore. I may keep my xbone copy to hop on for community nights but don’t really have interest in the title other than that.

It’s like most games for me. Play a bit, play something else for a bit, come back when DLC hits. Rinse and repeat.

3 Likes

@anon3687162#4540 BF4 matches were the same amount of time. We are just more aware of it now as we see the time after a match. Each round is about 30 minutes for conquest.

i still jump on BF1 when in a ‘shooter mood’ usually once if not twice a week.

Maybe due to the limitations with weapons and vehicle? Most of the guns are very similar and they don’t have any attachments to unlock. And then there’s the vehicles. Only so many different types of WW1 tanks, not like BF4.

2 Likes

Have games like Destiny or Division replaced standard shooters? We’ve become used to major character progression, does that hurt a game like BF1 where there is no real character advancement other than unlocking basic guns?

By the way, I still enjoy BF1 a lot and especially when we get a few GRG squads running.

2 Likes

I’m not sure to be honest. It’s probably do to what you have mentioned here. I also have never liked how the guns “felt” if you know what I mean. I think the random spread of shots, and not really be able to zero in with a gun and find a gun I like has something to do with it. In some those other titles I always felt like I would find my “go to” gun. Something that always felt comfortable if I was done messing around with other guns. Haven’t been able to do that in BF1. For the record I’ve had a blast playing with GRG squads,once I returned to the dark(xbone) side, whether were on the same team or not. Always a decent time to be had.

1 Like

I will definitely be back. Just distracted by other games.

http://metrospirit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/3604c66-627x335.jpg

I only play on community nights with you guys. I find myself going to play BF4 more often than anything if I want a FPS fix. As stated above, it just doesn’t grab me the same way the previous installments did. It looks good. It feels decent, but something just feels lacking.

1 Like

I will be back! I’m good for 250-300 hours on BF games.

Just been taking a break, a lot of other games out.
I also think it’s unfair to compare it to BF4 considering the only other decent games out at the time were Titanfall and Dead Rising 3. Part of the problem I have with Battlefield is if I don’t have a squad to play with I’m not going to play it.

1 Like

Prob not dead because it’s still a good community night game. With groups of grg it’s a good time but solo isn’t close to fun. Nobody plays an objective or their class at all. It’s like ants running aimlessly around a map trying to rack up kills. Add that to the inconsistencies with shot spread and damage being delt had made this s community night game only.

1 Like

For me, I’m still very into it, but that may be because this the the first BF game that really clicked for me.

It’s an awesome community night game. We pulled in 3 + squads Wednesday.

Well, as you know I love BF1, but my interest has not diminished since release.

I still enjoy doing utterly terrible once in awhile.

1 Like

Could part of it just be plain shooter fatigue? Look at what we’re playing as a group these days - we’ve had more non shooters in the rotation than ever before. ESO, Ark, Conan, Forza, Elite Dangerous, and even Madden…we have the most diverse lineup of titles this community has ever seen. I think BF1 holds up great for community night, but I also think a lot of us are playing different types of titles through the week, where we used to just play one or two shooters all week in our rotation when it came to MP games.

5 Likes

This…three times this.

I just can’t bring myself to play a fps unless I have at least another person to play with. The problem is I think a lot of other people think like this as well, so no one ever just gets on and waits for a second to show up.

1 Like