ARK: Survival Evolved Gets New Content

It’s been about a year and half since ARK: Survival Evolved was released as an early access game on the preview program. It’s had numerous patches and updates, and the open world game is to receive another update.

Patch 257 brings four new creatures, new TEK elemental gear and structures, and more. Apis Lithohermaea, Daeodon Comedentis, Liopleurodon Magicus and Kentrosaurus Aethiopicus are the new creatures that will roam the open world game among the various creatures. The patch brings a TEK Cave and a TEK cloning chamber which allows you to clone any creature, though it will cost Elemental Shards to do so.

There is more that’s been added and fixed with the patch:

• The Volcano receives a redesign

• TEK Turret and Grenades

• TEK Megalodon Saddle - which let's sharks fire lasers, apparently!

• Cave spawns in single player fixed

• Full Gamepad functionality pass

• More overhauls to UI

• A mega-update to The Center

• Approximately 20 or more new explorer notes

• New character hairstyle and facial hair

• 15 new music tracks, per-biome and situational

• Alpha Megalodon

• All Alphas will have their own APEX Items

• A new Emote

• And more TEK content

Patch 257 is available on ARK, and looks to keep you busy for some time. ARK: Survival Evolved is available on Xbox One.

1 Like

Nice @beers_and_leafs beat me to a write up on this. I will put my pictures on the ark thread.

we have both going currently. they just got the xbox server back up and going in the last 2 weeeks. We started a new mod pack on the pc server last week. Do you own it on PC? @JohnnyCornholer

Mods change the game. It is a ton of fun. You also don’t have as many FPS hiccups, and it is crystal clear beautiful.

1 Like