Assassin's Creed Odyssey Mega Thread

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s New Video Series Releases Its First Episode

The first episode of a new video series, “Behind The Odyssey”, has been released as Ubisoft provides us with insight as to what goes into the RPG Mechanics of the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. With the team taking an RPG approach on the next Assassin’s Creed title, Ubisoft takes us behind the scenes to learn more as we see the developers in action in their wonderful looking studio, and also check out gameplay with fighting, new locations, and of course, choices to make.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey comes to the Xbox One on October 5th.

Last week, Ubisoft began a video series looking at some of the various mechanics in the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. At the end of that first episode centred around the game’s RPG mechanics, they promised the next episode would look at combat and, surprise, surprise, they were right! This episode provides a closer look at some of the ways players will be able to take on those who stand in the way of Kassandra or Alexios, whether that’s head-on, from range, or using stealth.

The video series continues later this week with a look at Assassin’s Creed Odyssey 's naval gameplay. The game itself sets sail on October 5th.

A big announcement for the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Odyssey was that players will be able to play through the game as either Kassandra or Alexios. Well, Ubisoft is even applying that to their trailers, making two versions of their “A World Of Danger” trailer, fresh from Gamescom. Check out Kassandra, Alexios or both in action below.

In a continuing series of videos for Odyssey , Ubisoft has provided a glimpse at the RPG mechanics and combat of the upcoming game. In addition to the above trailers, in this third episode, we get the lowdown on the game’s naval aspects, reminiscent of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. This includes the most important piece of news: sea shanties make their return!

The video series continues with a look at the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey 's setting of Ancient Greece next time out. The game itself sets sail on October 5th.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Trailer Looks at the Living World in Greece

The latest Assassin’s Creed Odyssey trailer looks at the setting of Greece and how it responds to the player’s actions. It was only a matter of time until the long-running alternate history series made its way to the mountainous, coastal country, and now it’s time to see how the world has been created. Hear from the devs and historians themselves on the lay of the land and how its inhabitants will respond to the assassins.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey releases on October 5th.

As the release date approaches for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, more details of the gameplay from classical Greece are being revealed. In the latest clip, Ubisoft unveil Medusa in all her serpent-like glory and show just what a daunting foe she is. If fighting the mythological creature with all of her renowned powers wasn’t difficult enough, the team also reveals some of the storyline showing just how complicated it is to reach the monster’s lair.

Along with the details of Medusa quest and combat, the video clip also includes some gameplay footage from the new title, including combat, exploration and general mischief-making and skullduggery that players can get up to in the ancient lands.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey: The Fate of Atlantis Begins on April 23rd

Two weeks ago, the achievements were revealed for the first episode of the next Assassin’s Creed Odyssey DLC story arc, “The Fate of Atlantis”. Ubisoft has now revealed that players won’t have to wait much longer to get their hands on the upcoming content. “Episode 1: Fields of Elysium” will arrive on April 23rd, with the following two episodes due to arrive throughout 2019.

“Episode 1: Fields of Elysium” sees players take on the Isu in the beautiful environment of Elysium as they try to get to the bottom of some sinister secrets. Their quest will take them to meet new factions as well as familiar characters, and they’ll be rewarded with legendary weapons and gear for its completion.

Players will also be able to make use of new Ability enhancements that modify existing abilities and give even more opportunities to cater to individual playstyles. The enhancements are divided into Hunter, Warrior, and Assassin enhancements, and there will be several new enhancements introduced per episode. Episode 1 will bring along Ares Bull Charge, Might of Artemis, Kronos Time Warp, and Ares Madness in Fields of Elysium, although we don’t have any details on any of these.

There are two ways to begin the DLC episode. The first way can be accessed once players have completed the mythological main game story arc, Between Two Worlds, and the Lost Tales of Greece questline Heir of Memories. They will also need to be at character level 28 or higher. This is the only way to access the DLC and earn its achievements, because the second method prevents players from doing the latter. The second method is for players who want to try out the DLC without meeting any of the above prerequisites. These players will find a shortcut where they’ll enter the game as a preset level 52 character with specific abilities and resources. The Heir of Memories questline will still need to be completed, but any progress will not be carried over to the player’s main game save and achievements cannot be earned using this shortcut.

The story arc will continue with two more episodes that pit players against deities and mythical beasts, as well as encountering plenty of friendly character. The second episode, “Torment of Hades”, and the third episode, “Judgment of Atlantis”, will arrive by mid-2019.

1 Like

I still need to finish main game

Yeah, I started it late, like two weeks ago an I’m just 20. Love it, but so much other stuff going on too.

1 Like

Yeah same issue. So much to do in the game itself as well.

I have about 70 hours in the game and haven’t finished it yet. Love the game and the scenery. I also dig cultist hunting. I think I’m sitting around lvl 48. Almost at the point I can hunt any Merc.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve barely done any of the main story. I’ve been running around doing side shit and killing the mercs I can. I’ve literally just confronted daddy and thats as far in the story as I am.