Audible Recommendation page

So I thought I’d start a page with Audible recommendations for anyone to post in so that others can see and get ideas of what they’d like to listen to or even just read.

The Spellmonger Series by Terry Mancour
The Land by Aleron Kong
The Magicians by Lev Grossman
Stuff and Nonsense by Andrew Seiple
Morningwood: Everybody loves large chests by Neven Iliev
Sufficiently Advanced Magic by Andrew Rowe

1 Like

Dune by Frank Herbert, fantasy sci-fi epic.

Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman, start with Dragons of Autumn Twilight. #MakeDragonsGreatAgain

The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker, pleasure and pain.

Ringworld by Larry Niven, sci-fi, inspired Halo game.
Lucifer’s Hammer by Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle, modern disaster tale.

Moby Dick by Herman Melville, a story about a crippled chubby chaser and his ragtag crew.

Lemon Party, The Reckoning by @Grex
Does this taste like Roofies by @Gunny

Two of GRG’s favorites.

2 Likes

I too like large chests.

1 Like

The Wandering Inn by Pirateaba
He Who Fights Monsters by Shirtaloon
Vigor Mortis by Natalie Maher
Salvos series by V.A. Lewis
The Godkings Legacy by Virlyce

Sandman Act 1 and Act 2 by Neil Gaiman. They are free to listen to if you have a subscription.

Devolution by Max Brooks. Max is the son of Mel Brooks and has become quite the accomplished author. Devolution is about a small town in California that gets cut off by a natural disaster then set upon by large hairy creatures.

Neuromancer by William Gibson. The man coined the term cyberpunk and this is his first major novel.

Carmila by Joseph Sheridan La Fanu. Before Bram Stoker wrote Dracula, there was Carmila by La Fanu. A vampire tale with a little more seduction to it.

King Solomon’s Mine by H. Rider Haggard. An adventure set in Africa. The movies don’t quite do it justice although the one from the 50’s comes close.

The Butchering Art by Lindsay Fitzharris. Not a story based novel, but a historic look at Victorian era medicine. Tagline: The gripping story of how Joseph Lister’s antiseptic method changed medicine forever.

If you are looking for educational titles, check out The Great Courses. They are lengthy and take deep dives into the title subject. The American Civil War by Gary W. Gallagher is a good one.

1 Like