Batman: Return to Arkham Officially Revealed, Coming This July

Good thing or bad thing? If you’ve played them, do you even care?

If you’ve been following the rumor mill over the past several weeks, you likely heard whispers of a forthcoming remastered bundle featuring the Batman Arkham games. WB isn’t waiting until E3 to let the cat(woman) out of the bag. Today it’s been officially revealed.

The boxed collection, titled Batman: Return to Arkham, will feature fully remastered versions of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. The pair will utilize Unreal Engine 4, something which not even last year’s Batman: Arkham Knight did, and will include all bonus content and DLC, as well. Blatantly missing from the collection is Batman: Arkham Origins.
The publisher didn’t comment on why the WB Montreal-produced prequel won’t be joining the Rocksteady originals, but it’s likely to do with that change of developer and, perhaps, the lesser reaction associated with the 2013 release.

The team at Virtuos is handling the remaster. Previously they’ve worked on other similar projects as Heavy Rain for PS4 as well as several mobile ports. The remastered collection will
waste little time, too; it’s scheduled to release on July 26th in the US, 29th in the UK for $49.99 and £39.99 respectively.

I played them both but never beat either of them. Since i just got Arkham Knight for $13 i will probably pick these up at some point

Absolutely love the Batman games but no thanks.