Battlefield 1 Turning Tides Dated, DLC Free Trials Now Active

“Turning Tides” will be the third major expansion for Battlefield 1. When it was announced last month, DICE promised that the content would be arriving next month. While that’s technically still true, only part of the content will be appearing as expected.

The first wave of content will be arriving for Battlefield 1 Premium Pass owners on December 11th. Two new maps will be introduced into the rotation: Cape Helles and Achi Baba. They will also be the location for a new Operation where players will recreate the British amphibious assault of the Gallipoli peninsula in 1915. There will be eight additional weapons (including two new melee weapons), the new L-Class Destroyer ship and the new Infiltrator Elite Class. Finally, you’ll get to try out more Service Assignments, Specializations, Dog Tags, Service Stars, Medals and Ribbons too.

NEW MAP: CAPE HELLES

Storm the beaches of the Gallipoli peninsula with the allied powers or defend the Ottoman Empire’s fortifications. Master the land, air, and sea interplay to win the defining battles.

NEW MAP: ACHI BABA

Throw yourself into the joint allied assault on the Gallipoli peninsula of 1915 in an intense, fast, and infantry-focused setting. Take part of a treacherous push for a prominent hilltop position.

6 NEW WEAPONS

Find your new favorite weapon among the M1917 Trench Carbine, Maschinenpistole M1912/P.16, Farquhar-Hill, M1917 MG, Carcano M91 Carbine, and Type 38 Arisaka. When the fight gets close and personal, unleash your fury with the new Naval Cutlass and Grappling Hook melee weapons.

THE INFILTRATOR ELITE CLASS

Hide in plain sight and move faster across the battlefield with the new Infiltrator Elite Class. This strategic kit allows you to take advantage of a permanent sprint boost while calling in artillery strikes and deploying a mobile spawn for friendly troops.

NEW DESTROYER

Rule the waves with the all-new L-Class Destroyer. Jump into one of four seats and deliver mayhem to sea, air, and ground units using cannons, torpedoes, AA guns, and mines.

Players will then have to wait until January for the second wave of content. Take to the North Sea for the next two maps: Zeebrugge and Heligoland Blight. You’ll enter battle alongside a new Faction, the British Empire Royal Marines, as well as use the C-Class Airship to assault opponents from above.

NEW MAP: HELIGOLAND BIGHT

The Great War at sea. Engage in an epic naval clash as the British Empire Royal Marines and German Navy pit dreadnoughts, destroyers, and aircraft against each other while infantry troops fight by the iconic red cliffs of Rocky Cove.

NEW MAP: ZEEBRUGGE

Take part of the daring British raid on the Belgian port of Bruges-Zeebrugge with rough waves and a vast German mole as backdrop. Fight at sea, in the air, and in close-quarter infantry environments.

BRITISH EMPIRE: ROYAL MARINES

Don the characteristic blue uniform of the British Empire’s elite naval troops and charge into battle with the new Royal Marines.

NEW AIRSHIP

Spawn on the new C-Class Airship and deliver death from above. This nimble airship has room for a pilot with three gunners and will be a frightening sight on the battlefield.

Also appearing is the new Conquest Assault game mode, although DICE didn’t specify whether this will arrive in December or January. Taking the traditional Conquest mode and adding a twist, Conquest Assault tasks players with battling over key areas that are already controlled by the defending team at the start of the match.

As usual, Battlefield 1 Premium Pass owners get a two week exclusive period with the DLC. However, because the DLC is releasing in two parts, those who don’t own the Premium Pass will have to wait until two weeks after January’s content drop to be able to buy the pack as a standalone expansion. If you’re one of the latter group of people and you’re still not sure about the previous two expansions either, you can try out “They Shall Not Pass” and “In the Name of the Tsar” in a free trial that’s running right now. The DLC trial will end on December 4th, but if now isn’t a convenient moment to head into the game, there will be another free DLC trial the weekend of December 8-10th.

Also running right now is the latest Operation Campaign: Fall of Empires. The campaign combines two existing operations — Conquer Hell and Iron Walls — that are inspired by two key events in 1918. The campaign runs until December 6th. Finally, November 27th is the date to circle on the calendar for the arrival of the Suez map in Frontlines mode.

If you haven’t purchased the game yet but you’re starting to get a hankering for WWI combat, check out the Black Friday sales that are currently running. Battlefield 1 Revolution, which includes the game and Premium Pass, is currently on sale at 40% off. If you already own the game but don’t have the Premium Pass, that’s on sale at 60% off. Don’t wait too long to make a decision, though, as the sale is only available for five more days.

Agreed. All this DLC should of come the 1st year. There weren’t enough maps in the base game to hold interest with people so long.

That said, I’ll probably want to try these new maps as I paid for them. Maybe in the spring when I take a break from the fall titles. At least run a BF1 night once a month or something.

1 Like

I still play nearly daily. The late releasing of DLC doesn’t really bother me. All DLC does is bring out all the “try-hards” . The BF1 maps are so massive I’m still learning the base maps. Between that…all the options for vehicles (I still can’t fly for shit) medals, dogtags, weapon unlocks etc. etc I have plenty to keep me occupied. It beats going back to COD’s (are they still) tiny maps! I watched a COD video the other day of a guy getting a Nuke…25 freaking gun kills and no deaths? Shit like that is what ruined COD for me. A BF1 squad of The 3 Stooges is STILL more organized than any COD “team”. COD=nothing but selfish players IMO.

Who knows…maybe it’s better now? The boots are back on the ground. To me, COD was just like that ex that kept cheating. I know if I go back it’ll do nothing but piss me off again.

I played one of the new maps on the CTE yesterday and was very nice!

This so much. As some one who plays almost every game you really gotta release content on a pretty quick bases to keep me interested. If BF was the only title I played I may would see that differently.

1 Like