Battlefield 1 Update Detailed

Battlefield 1 developers DICE released their May update notes for a massive update. This is the first of many monthly updates for Battlefield 1, much of which was changed based on feedback from gamers. There is an absolute metric ton of new content, bug fixes, and changes.

To summarize:

• The Operations servers are changing, the first of many planned updates to the servers. After an completed Operation match, the sides will switch. If the French and Germans are fighting each other and you are on the French side, you will automatically switch to the German side when the Operation restarts. The developers hope this will prevent restarting into an empty server.

• Premium friends is a new feature also being included, one that will eventually lead into EA PLAY.

• There is a ton of new maps and modes, with tweaks and bug fixes.

• Vehicles also receive a lot of changes, including bug fixes and tweaks to AA and aircraft.

• Fighter aircraft get more changes, including new ammo for the dogfighter and a new mode for the bomber killer.

• There are bug fixes and tweaks for the FT packages, including the close support, howitzer, and flanker tank

• Changes to weapons and gadgets including the bayonet charge

• Controls get a bug fix and custom mapping

• UI get additions and bug fixes

• Netcode get better server response

• Gameplay gets a bug fix, gameplay changes, and a new camera shake feature associated with explosions

The patch is now live. Details of the entire patch can be found here.

The game is still broken…

Fucking end of game blackouts. Seriously, wtf? Do they even QA this shit?

1 Like

One step forward… Now I can’t see how bad I played.

1 Like

Yeah I’m getting the black screen at EoG, too. I’m sure they’ll get a quick patch for it. Hopefully

I think I’m the only one who didn’t get the black screen Wednesday night.