Battlefield 2018 Rumoured to be Bad Company 3

Nearly eight years have passed since we last had a game in the Battlefield: Bad Company franchise. Since then, there have been three more installments in the main Battlefield Series plus a spin off from Visceral Games. In their last earnings call, EA confirmed that a new Battlefield title was planned for 2018. According to Youtuber AlmightyDaq, that title will actually be Battlefield: Bad Company 3.

You may be wondering who he is and why so many people are listening to him. Well, he correctly predicted many details of Battlefield 1 months before EA officially revealed the title to the public. Supposedly sourced from an insider at developer DICE, his video goes into a fair amount of detail on the upcoming title. Take a look:

He states that the game’s campaign will take place across many locations set during mid- and post-Vietnam conflicts, including Cold War affiliations. As usual, the campaign will not be historically accurate. The game’s weapons will match the campaign’s time frame, and vehicles will include tanks and helicopters.

The multiplayer game modes will include several Battlefield staples, including Capture the Flag, Conquest, Domination, Rush and Team Deathmatch, as well as the Operations game mode introduced in Battlefield 1. There will also be a 5v5 mode similar to Squad Obliteration from Battlefield 4. The maps will be focused on tighter gameplay rather than the all-out warfare of Battlefield 1. Players will be able to customise their characters, guns and vehicles. Character classes will include Assault, Engineer, Support and Recon.

For those worried about microtransactions, no decision has yet been made whether to retain the battlepacks of previous games or whether to scrap them entirely following recent controversy.

AlmightyDaq assumes that the game will be officially revealed at E3 2018 in June and, as always, we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as anything official is announced. In the meantime, is this what you wanted from the upcoming title or were you hoping for something else?

3 Likes

Sounds like another great battlefield.
The fact he refers to smaller BF3 like maps is great, All out warfare is good but I really enjoyed BF3 and is my favourite Battlefield since a Bad Company title.
A higher skill gap would also be nice…Since moving on to Hardline and 1 the competitive scene is dead.
Use to have some good leagues going back in the day and could always get a scrim going, like 12v12s and upwards just for the crack of it. Be great if it improves the platoon/clan/comp scene too.
Either way, Its sure to be a good one.

They went backwards with BF1.

1 Like

Yeah,100%. Killed the scene off.
Squad rush and then squad obliteration(not sure if it was that actually) had ace comp tourneys going, even went into bigger match ups. BF hardcore league, Diamond league, GBs was loads running things back then and then BF1 & hardline were dead af.

Looking forward to it. I’ve always loved the BF series but 1 just did nothing for me.

It was no Hardline, that’s for sure

1 Like

I never played that DLC.

I certainly hope it is. Bad Company 2 is still my favorite shooter.

1 Like

Look forward to seeing more from this unfortunately BF is falling in line with COD for me. 16 years of the same game play and in some cases the same maps(rehashed or remade for the newest game) is not as appealing as it used to be. I’m sure I will get it and play the first 2 weeks to a month.

I’d like to see them dump Premium and release DLC in a timely manner. I know both won’t happen but I think that’s what BF1 needed.

I’d also like to see a way to keep multiple squads on the same team. Matchmaking would separate GRG squads to opposing teams after the first game since we actually played the objective. I’m not a fan of that and it ruins game play for me. Wins or Loses mean nothing to me if my squad is only an 1/8th of the team. We can’t control the other 28 timmies that aren’t PTFOing.

1 Like

Yeah but that way we get to kill and teabag each other.

100% on that! It made me the BF franchise fan i am today lol well BF:BC did and BC2 followed.

I feel in BF1, Well after BF4 and since then that the game become a more casual shooter, In the terms of gameplay and Comp levels.
They lost focus on matchmaking and server options, rent a servers got later and later into releases. Platoon options dwindled, Battlelog became non existent. They literally killed off a big fanbase.

In BF3, I remember the VOIP options in chat for team/squad etc. This made the in game comms so muh better if you joined in solo or with a small squad.

There was servers being ran like “Jokers MadHouse” that had active admins playig who would keep the majority of players in TEAM VOIP or kick mutes and enable mic using players to join…NOT ONLY THAT but the servers I had favourited were owned by clans or owners who had active platoons all regularly joining and playing in that server so the levels of skilled gamers and active mic using players was awesome.

I would be mega happy if those features were re-introduced. It would certainly bring back BF to the front running FPS for me.

Have to dis-agree…The maps are compeletly different each year as most BF titles have different time frames and regions of combat. WW1 to the likes of the scenery in Hardline? Its uncomparable.

As for the COD like ethics, I agree. Dont implement features to bring in COD fans but the game is still vastly different. Although, Id like comp features brought back and the game modes like SQ RUSH etc are COD like to a degree but it needsro be smaller based maps available for that sole reason. In a 12v12 scrim the maps would be way too big at times.

Dice has remade maps before as DLC. It’s not as bad as COD titles but they do it too. They tend to remake maps for games that fall in the same “setting/time period”. I was more commenting on the fact that I have played both games for 16 years and I am a little burned out.

If im correct, You mean the re-made bf3 maps for bf4? Tbf, those were some great remakes, bringing in weather effects and adding in a major destructive element that would change the face of the map and at times even greatly effect the outcome of the match if used correctly. I dont know if I have f0rgotten any other remakes they have done but If they put in atleast a similar amount of effort to make the remake worthwhile I would encourage them to do so.

I have played COD/BF a fair few years aswell and they are 100% losing my interest too. COD, I think its gone, So many better shooters about, Titanfall 1 & 2 blow all the hover pack wall running shit CODs straight out of the water, BF1 smashes COD WW2 aswell, I know its not exactly the same timeframe but for that era of combat COD doesnt do itself no favours.

COD is too streamline, The same gameplay element and they dont bring in nothing new, They try to copy in elements of other shooters and fail. Other franchises are constantly ripped for “copying COD” but in reality its COD falling behind and they are copying other shooters. TF had the jumping shit and wall running before them and they also done it much better but noone really slates COD for the fact its them that are trying to imitate other games.

COD was the best shooter and I feel in recent releases thay always fall way below the benchmark of other newly released FPS titles.
I was a cod fanboy in the days of WoW etc but Im walking away, its not me, its them. LOL

That pack and I know for sure Karkand was in BF2 & 3. Yes the remakes are great but when you have the attention span of a 4 year old the last thing you want is more of what you have already played.

Hell I can’t play Metro anymore because of the beta that had that map. Played it so much in the beta that I refused to play it when the game actually launched.

Lol,So ive the attention span of a 4 year old? Right pal.

Its they way you look at it, I played BF extensively in the day and those remakes are by far the best remakes ANY game has done what ive played.

Metro, Well its Metro, Basically Marmite…Dont like it, Dont play it.

I was talking about me having the attention span of a 4 year old. Not you. I don’t even know you well enough to talk shit to you yet.

Oh yeah, I misread. I cannot say that mine is much better. No-one really wants remade content, Remastered games annoy the shit out of me because in the long run it takes away from the new shit getting added in or new features etc, COD again another prime example releasing MW2 with IW…another flop in their franchise.

So yeah, I am with you, fuck remade shit but dice deserve credit on their efforts over most is what I was trying to get at, Just worded it badly.