Biggest Open World Maps

Stretching your legs out in the big wide spread of Digital Trons… Looking for the next homestead to lose countless hours into due to exploring and shenanigans. I got you covered. Check out the list for the 10 biggest gaming maps of our current generation of consoles.

10) Fall Out 4 - 3.82 Mile²

• Reddit user measured it out using complex computer polygons formulas …yeah…somehow and some way this guy accomplished it. Not sure what it all meant, but I did catch on that it took him roughly 41 minutes to walk Fallout 4’s map on foot.
  • FO4 is a post-apocalyptic RPG that features TONS of content. Add the DLC…and welcome to the rest of your life. Crafting to a whole new level…weapons, armor, and …and…your own housing area…And …yes there is more…for more lost hours of the day…you can create devious contraptions…AND your very own Vault. Enjoy!

9) Skyrim Special Edition - 14.79 Mile²

• Hopefully the Elder Scrolls series is not new to you. Even if you havent played it, you probably know someone that has. That being said…welcome to mid-evil world of dragons, vampires, and were-wolves oh my… Talk DLC included…You create your character your way…want to be a cloth bearing bad ass with a 2 handed spiked mace…sure… A steel chested pansy healer…SURE…And while your our slaying dragons and yelling at the top of mountains, Dont forget to hire a butler and wench for the house you built as well.

8) Far Cry 4 - 17.7 Mile²

• OK …so a title by UBISOFT…who is no stranger to open world games. Not sure of UBISOFT…they made Assassins Creeds…the whole mess of 'em, Tom Clancy games…and Far Cry…now this Far Cry is not like the original, but you can co-op and cause some wild life craziness to abolish a village and evil doing npc’ers!

7) The Witcher 3 - 20.8 Mile²

• So according to www.howlongtobeat.com, The Witcher 3 takes anywhere to 46 to 166 hours to play…Thats not if you are doing your own random exploring. Rated high from every critic and earning various game of the year awards, Battle Monsters, craft spells, and try to discover what now is going on with Geralt of Rivia.

6) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 28.9 MILE²

• Now this isnt the first open world zelda…well…maybe its the TRUE open world experience, but i felt like Ocarina of Time was pretty open world enough. Best its Zelda…new visuals, new gameplay mechanice, same ole good feelings of exploring and story telling…ALL THE GRASS YOU CAN CUT, Only on the Wii U and Switch.

5) Grand Theft Auto V - 31 Mile²

• GTA…you should already know what this game is…each one has a different story. But the core game is the same. With content consistently being released by ROCKSTAR, get in, steal some cars, start a motorcycle club, and work your way up the corporate ladder all while relaxing on you very own in-game yacht…oh and when you get time…rob a few banks.

4) Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag - 111 Mile²

• ARRRR MATEY…get your Pirate on in AC4:BF. Another title by UBISOFT, Black Flag rates in one of the top Assassin Creed game and for me at least, the best Pirate game out. The only thing that would make this better…would to be able to Co-Op while singing shanties out in the open water.

3) Xenoblade Chronicles X - 154 Mile²

• Umm Thats a HUGE freaking dude…havent played this, and I dont know much about it, But if you interested this is only on the Wii U.

2) Ghost Recon Wildlands - 170.2 Mile²

• Can you say UBISOFT’s 3rd title on this list. So Tom Clancy…Co-Op…I would say strategy, but every time i join a room of randoms…people are attempting Call of Duty style of game play, which both just fails and is absolutely hilarious to hear the sweet rage of timmies due to mulitple deaths. RPG aspects with a Team…Good Times.

1) Just Cause 3 - 400 Mile²

• Massive game…there is a story, but…short skinny…BLOW STUFF UP. Sadly this game…which would probably be completely enjoyable in multiplayer…is a single player game.

Well there is a Massive list of open worldness here…what games do you have, want, dislike? Did you get to see some thing awe inspiring that you made the purchase worth it? Welcome to the open world…dont play linear!

Source:

I bet Chernarus will give them all a run. To me it seems like the largest map I have ever played on but that could be from having to walk it.

lol Yeah…DayZ’s walking Simulator is no joke. It always amazes me when i actually see another person in that game. Also probably why so much rage happens when you die. Literally go an hour with out seeing anyone, the you hear the shot and realize you just lost all your shit.

1 Like