Black Desert Online Megathread

http://www.pcgamer.com/black-desert-online-tips-getting-started-in-an-unconventional-mmo/

this game looks overwhelming even for a guy who likes MMOs. Its a high possibility i will get lost in this.

Well considering you can do a ton of shit while AFK I can see people never logging out.

yeah just read that. This game will probably be running all day for me.

DAMMIT.

1 Like

Yeah prob should’ve auto-looped a route while i am at work.

The more I play, the more I get sucked in.

2 Likes

…#NoFilterNeeded

2 Likes

I totally forgot how crazy my schedule is this week. Hoping to get some time in Saturday morning.

i am liking the combat. the combos will take a bit to get used to but are pretty slick.

2 Likes

good class breakdown for PvP with some gear info.

2 Likes

They have a Ranger class??? Oh my.

Pretty good group of videos explaining things…

I ended up purchasing the game. I really like the combat and there is just an absolute shit ton to do. The combat defintely rewards the skilled player.

1 Like

So apparently…once you hit lvl 50…other player can attack you while doing a ‘trade’ run. If they successfully kill you…they can take your loot…ofc this goes the other way as well. :yum:

2 Likes

here is video explaining Contribution Points -> Workers, housing, & Nodes.

So another thing learned about Contribution points, nodes, and trading. In order to not get a 30% reduction in selling items at the trade managers…you have to have the nodes connected from point to point.

So for example, the starting town “Olvia” and the first city “Velia,” have nodes all around them. In order to trade between the two…you must have a contribution point into each node between the two. When you invest into a nodes…there will be lines branching out showing which other nodes it connects to.

When you want to start having workers…you have to further invest points into the node. Once you have done so…you can assign a worker. After the first worker you must have “lodging” for more workers…ie more contribution points.

From my observations…to me this means that contributions points are the most valuable commodity to have. And the best way to get these precious points so far seem to be through questing.

http://black-desert.com/guides/

yes. To add

• To get a further node you must also unlock all the previous nodes from the closet town as the path for the worker needs to be there.

• also don’t think that you can unlock all the nodes at the same time. Only unolock the ones you need for the resources they provide. if you don’t need that resource anymore you can reclaim that point. but any upgrades you put into that node are lost.

FYI your mounts can die. Auto walked my donkey off a cliff into the ocean. It will cost me 10K to revive him. Only 15k for a Horse. RIP Jack.

1 Like