Black Ops 3: Zombie Chronicles

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 players on PS4 and Xbox One could be about to get a definitive edition of the Treyarch Zombies mode adventure.

New details surrounding the authenticity of recent retail leaks that appeared to confirm the release of a new Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Zombies pack, has now come to light.

Fans spotted several retail listings for a BO3 Zombies Chronicles launch, coming to PS4 and Xbox One, earlier this month.

Now an ESRB rating appears to have confirmed that a new Zombies mode bundle is set to be released later this year.

While the listing can no longer be found on the official website, a screengrab showing the original Black Ops 3 description, with the added title of “Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Zombies Chronicles,” was screen grabbed and put online.

No other added information was revealed in the post, other than the fact that the Zombies Chronicles pack will be coming to PC too.

In the original retail leaks, only PS4 and Xbox One platforms were listed.

1 Like

Finally! Hopefully it’s true

What originally began as a community inside joke of a possible fifth DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops III escalated into believable leaks earlier this year. Those leaks have now been turned into an official confirmation of something new for fans of Treyarch’s zombie timeline.

Something new. Or rather… something old. Jason Blundell, Co-Studio Head of Treyarch, visited YouTuber JCbackfire to film an official reveal, which was released today. He announced Call of Duty Black Ops III’s “Zombies Chronicles,” a compilation of eight remastered zombies maps from prior Treyarch titles.

“Zombies Chronicles” includes three maps from Call of Duty: World at War, four maps from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops and one map from Call of Duty: Black Ops II:

• Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt and Shi No Numa — World at War
  • Kino Der Toten, Ascension, Shangri-la and Moon — Black Ops
  • Origins — Black Ops II

According to Blundell, a lot of players are new to the zombies experience, joining around the time of Black Ops III. Treyarch felt that instead of something different, “Zombies Chronicles” could be a unique opportunity to provide new players with the chance to go back to where it all began.

For those who don’t keep up with Treyarch’s zombies, it’s interesting and they’ve heartily fleshed out the lore and back story, attempting to interconnect all the different zombies experiences between the four games.

Blundell also surprised the audience by pulling out a huge documented timeline of all the pertinent events, shown above. While you won’t be able to read any of the finer points on the image without zooming in, you can review everything in detail with an interactive high-resolution image over on the official Call of Duty website.

One thing that is slightly unclear at the moment is whether “Zombies Chronicles” is a DLC or a standalone experience. It is under the Call of Duty: Black Ops III banner, so one would imagine it’s a DLC, but it hasn’t actually been explicitly said yet.

It even already has a release date. Unfortunately for players on other platforms, like all Call of Duty expansions this generation, it is a PlayStation first affair. It’ll be out on PS4 on May 16th. The exclusivity period is always one month, so we should be able to expect it everywhere else around the same date in June.

There hasn’t been a price revealed yet, but don’t get your hopes up for it to be included with a season pass purchased in 2015.

Lastly, Treyarch will be live streaming the remastered content on Monday, May 8th at 11 a.m. PDT, so be sure to tune into that if you’re eager to see what it’s all about.

Can’t wait! I’ll be playing a lot of Zombies when it releases. I am a little disappointed in the map selections. No Buried, Die Rise or Call of the Dead.

I hope they add a few things to the maps to bring something new to them.

1 Like

Fans of the Call of Duty franchise are familiar with Zombies mode. The undead mode made its debut in Call of Duty: World at War and has become a staple in Treyarch releases. Gamers will soon be able to play Zombie mode with classic maps from the last console generation.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s “Zombies Chronicles” will feature eight remastered maps, updated AI and custom weapons. Taking a cue from Black Ops III, current weaponry will be added in as well. Gamers will need to own Black Ops III in order to pick up this expansion. Here are detailed notes about the maps:

Call of Duty: World at War
• Nacht der Untoten - Where it all began: an abandoned airfield suspended in space and plagued by infinite hordes of the undead.
• Verruckt - Welcome to Wittenau Sanitorium, a German asylum with dark corridors, terrifying undead enemies, and even darker secrets.
• Shi No Numa - A “swamp of death” located in Japanese territory, surrounded by a sweltering jungle, hellhounds, and endless armies of the undead.

Call of Duty: Black Ops
• Kino der Untoten - An abandoned cinema packed with swarms of Crawler Zombies and fiery traps.
• Ascension - An abandoned Soviet Cosmodrome where unholy creations lurk in the shadows, and dark undead experiments run loose.
• Shangri-la - A legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle where the undead emerge from within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, deadly traps, and dark secrets.
• Moon - Travel to the Moon where forgotten undead creatures plague a horrifying, cratered landscape

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
• Origins - An excavation site left behind after the Germans unearthed the mysterious new “Element 115,” and unleashed the greatest evil the world has ever seen.

Gamers who preorder receive additional content as an incentive. This content includes:

• 20 Vials of Liquid Divinium
• 2 All-New, Whimsical GobbleGums
• Exclusive Zombies Pack-A-Punch Weapon Camo
• Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Dynamic System Theme for PlayStation 4, an exclusive pre-order incentive

In addition, Activision and Treyarch will be hosting 8 Days of the Undead event. This event allows gamers to gain Double XP, free in-game loot and community events.

To celebrate launch day on May 16, Activision and Treyarch will kick off the “8 Days of the Undead,” during which players of Black Ops III on all platforms and players of Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles on PS4 will be able to earn double XP rewards, engage in community challenges, and receive a host of free exclusive content including a Zombies calling card, weapon camo, new GobbleGums and a PS4 theme.

“Zombies Chronicles” is priced at US$29.99 and is released on Playstation on May 16th. DLC exclusivity duration is traditionally a month, so it’s safe to say this content will be available everywhere else in June.

Damn, I was hoping it’d be $20 but I suppose they know zombie fans will pay $30.

I’m assuming they will have pre-order bonuses for Xbox and double xp event.

1 Like

I hope so. That would suck if it was ps4

Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s fifth DLC is officially out on PS4. While this isn’t something players on other platforms are particularly pleased about, at the very least it brings trailers, gameplay footage and the 8 Days of the Undead event, which is live for all versions of Black Ops III.

First up, for those who didn’t get a chance to take a close-up look at the zombies timeline from when “Zombies Chronicles” was first announced, a trailer has been released highlighting some of the major events.

Next up is 16 minutes of gameplay from the PS4 version. The video takes players through the eight remastered maps, showing what’s new.

Lastly, the PS4 launch date of “Zombies Chronicles” also marks the start of the 8 Days of the Undead event, which we first learned about with the official reveal of the DLC. The event has now begun to go live and with it comes a double XP week, rewards, community challenges and more.

It does say the event is for “players of Black Ops III on all platforms,” so it would appear at first glance that the Xbox 360 version is included, though there is no official confirmation as of this writing.

The event runs May 16th through May 23rd. While 2X Liquid Divinium bonuses are already live, the advertised Double XP Week might not be live yet according to players on social media. Treyarch has also promised “more surprises to come,” so zombies fans should keep an eye out for new parts of the event to go live.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s “Zombies Chronicles” DLC is live now on PS4 and will be coming to Xbox One when the exclusivity period ends.

1 Like

Anyone else getting this?

It’s out today.

I pre-ordered it but haven’t tried it out yet. I will probably be on most of Saturday if you want play a few rounds.

I’ll try it out Saturday night.

This game is just previous zombie maps meshed into 1?

No it’s a bunch of them remastered and with some extra things, but you can play all of them seperately.

I’m just about always down for some zombies or BO3 Multiplayer when I’m online so add me if you’re interested in going some rounds.

XBONE: Swan Flew