In an announcement, Call of Duty confirmed that the Black Ops Cold War Battle Pass would be shared between the game and Warzone, and will also share a storefront.
The detailed blog post from Activision has shared how we’ll see the transition from Modern Warfare Seasons to Black Ops Cold War seasons. It’s starts on December 10 with Season 1.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will share post-launch seasonal content through the Battle Pass system (including free tiers of content) and the Store.
Battle Pass Integration
Starting December 10th, Season One for Black Ops Cold War will begin. Once the season starts, the battlepass for the game will have cross-progression and integration between Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. There will be both a premium version of the battle pass, with more rewards, and a free version. Rewards in the pass will be available in both games. You will still be able to progress the battle pass by playing Modern Warfare and use the items in Warzone.
As for existing Warzone content, Activision has confirmed there are no plans to remove content from the game.
- Modern Warfare Battle Pass content earned and store purchases are planned to continue to be available in Modern Warfare and Warzone . While we continue to optimize for platforms and disk space, we plan to retain all Modern Warfare content for continued use in Warzone at least through the initial Black Ops Cold War seasons of content.
- For Season One, expect a multitude of fresh and exciting Battle Pass items you can access both in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
- While Season One Battle Pass content is accessible in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, players will still be able to progress the Battle Pass by playing Modern Warfare.
- Battle Pass content you unlock will be visible no matter which game you’re playing.
A Revamped Storefront
When Season One drops for Black Ops Cold War, the store will return to the game. Your COD points from Modern Warfare & Warzone will be available for use in the store. All bundles will be clearly labeled for what titles they will be available for use in. At launch, Black Ops Cold War will not have any functionality for the store or COD Points but rest assured when Season One releases, your points will be available.
Here’s a breakdown of the stores in Warzone, Modern Warfare & Black Ops Cold War when Season One releases.
- Black Ops Cold War Store: Purchase content to utilize in Black Ops Cold War. Nearly all content from Black Ops Cold War is usable in Warzone but all items will be clearly labeled.
- Warzone Store: This store offers a mixture of content from both Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare games, nearly all of which can be utilized in Warzone and the game for which it was designed. All items will be clearly labeled.
- Modern Warfare Store: Purchase content to utilize in Modern Warfare. Most content from Modern Warfare is usable in Warzone but all items will be clearly labeled.
Additionally, the blog also noted that while there is no plans to remove content from Warzone, in order to ensure optimal player experience, there may be instances where content is delayed or becomes temporarily/permanently inaccessible.
Source: Call of Duty Blog