Bungie Teases 'Something Better' Coming for Destiny Vets

In response to the controversy surrounding the exclusive perks included in Destiny’s Collector’s Edition of The Taken King, Bungie has confirmed that longtime players have “something better” coming.
“Year One players won’t get the same perks as people who buy a collector’s edition,” David “Deej” Dague told Forbes (via Eurogamer). “They’ll get something better. Tune into the Weekly Update for more.”

“I understand that you want me to go on record right now with something that will address the disappointment that’s being expressed here,” Deej explained in a post on the official Bungie forums. "I’m going to defer to the Bungie Weekly Update, in which we’ll talk more about the things we’re doing to celebrate the year-one Guardians who helped us build this community. “I’ll also revisit our goals in offering different versions of The Taken King,” he continued. “Ever heard the old adage about trying to please everyone?”

Rest assured, Destiny vets will be recognized for their dedication, and an announcement with regard to how Bungie plans to “honor” its most dedicated fans will come in the next Weekly Update.

This is a really cool opinion piece about how upset the community is at the game AGAIN and what really sparked this anger.

Eurogamer: Final question on prices
-Luke Smith: Is it also the final question on the emotes?
Eurogamer: I’m not going to mention them again. I can’t get them.
Luke Smith: But you can if you buy the Collector’s Edition.
Eurogamer: I’m not going to buy the game and the two DLCs all over again.
Luke Smith: Okay, but first I want to poke at you on this a little bit.
Eurogamer: Poke at me?
Luke Smith: You’re feeling anxious because you want this exclusive content but you don’t
know yet how much you want it. The notion of spending this money is making you anxious, I can see it
Eurogamer: I do want them. I would buy them -
Luke Smith: If I fired up a video right now and showed you the emotes you would throw money at the screen.
Eurogamer: What I’m saying is that fan frustration is not because they don’t understand the proposition. It comes regardless of how cool the exclusive content is. The frustration - and mine as a fan - is that the method of acquiring it requires me to re-buy content I bought a year ago.
Luke Smith: [Long pause] It’s about value. The player’s assessment of the value of the content.

LMAO even the Dying Light Devs are having fun with this.