Bungie, why the nerfs?

This is a pretty good video that talks about Bungie’s inconsistency to balance supers and gear. They can’t ever seem to get it right or keep things usable. Rather than nerfing the shit out of supers (Blade Barrage) or weapons and armor, just buff the weaker items. Give players an actual choice on how they want to play the game.

It sucks grinding for a “meta” weapon only to have Bungie nerf it to the point it’s no longer viable. I always feel that games like Destiny (or any MMO style game) should allow the players to have multiple ways to play. Let the players play the style they want to and be just as viable as the single weapon / super the meta dictates.

Thoughts?

I really liked this quote from the video:

Don’t break the trains to make me play with the blocks.

3 Likes

Snappy quote.

I generally agree and it’s a sentiment I see parroted across Reddit for other games too.

I don’t know if nerf is just easier, or if they think this approach increases engagement, through needing to learn and play around with the new meta plus all the guides/videos/blogs that push discussion on the changes.

I bet they are trying to bring PvP back cause noone plays it. Also nerfing might be easier based on how damage is calculated as they dont want an OP meta against PvE.

2 Likes

Yup… Only do crucibal for daily and then le fuck that!

Lol… “make the blocks better!”