Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Mega Thread

Awesome, thanks for sharing! I will have to wait til next Friday for the beta sadly.

Beta is live on PS4. Any @PlayStationPlayers pre-ordered and will be on the beta?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-ps4-multiplayer-beta-is-l/1100-6460922/

Will get a pre-order in just for the beta.
Doubt Iā€™ll actually buy it though.
Never played Blops 3.

Hopefully Iā€™ll have a little this weekend, in the evenings at least.

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see some actual gameplay footage on Blackout.

1 Like

Sadly not included in this beta.
I think they plan to have a separate beta later in the year, just for that mode.

Makes me wonder if the mode will even be included at launch.

Beta for Blackout is in Sept.

1 Like

Hopefully itā€™s an open beta.

I played a bit yesterday and had funā€¦ the normal frustration with ā€œcoreā€ of course but liked the fast paced run and gun that cod is really known for.

Iā€™ll get a few more matches in throughout the beta Iā€™m sure and look forward to giving blackout a shot.

1 Like

I pre-ordered the game and will be online for the beta this Friday when it begins (XB1).

I played up until I reached Lv5 (which took me longer than Iā€™d like to admit).
Specifically because that unlocked the ā€œCreate A Classā€ option, which is one of the best bits of CoD MP.

It was a bit annoying that they didnā€™t explain how to change class before you unlock that (which you can, in-game), changing class was a bit more intuitive at least.

I didnā€™t get completely tanked and got some decent kills, though my aim is definitely out and I was scraping a 1.0 KD.

Some of the class skills are fun, others are a bit OP and a few seem relatively rubbish. Unsurprising really but it gets discovered quickly and you already find a lot of people running the same setup for that reason.

Sliding is a bit crazy, you go quite far, not too bad though. At least thereā€™s no wall-running and only 1 class has a grapple-gun.

Iā€™d be half tempted if there were a few others who wanted to play. I donā€™t think itā€™s changed too much from the previous Black Ops iterations, which I did enjoy back when.

2 Likes

I will be playing it as I do with all the COD titlesā€¦ how long it keeps me engaged though, only time will tell.

I liked that the kill cam showed whether it was a 1v1 or if you were gunned down by multiples.

Totally agree on the classes as well. They will need to do some buffing/nerfing I am sure to compensate. Also there were multiple times when I went to pop my skill and got shot at the same time and lost it which hopefully they fix that as well.

Changing the final clip to POTG instead of Final Kill was mildly surprising too.

Usually made for more entertaining watching at least. Unless I was the one getting gunned downā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen a lot of mixed reviews regarding the first weekend of the beta. Mainly focusing on the body armour and max health. Hopefully they can make some final changes before the release in Oct.

1 Like

Yeah, I didnā€™t like coming around the corner with multiple people having the body armor on and had no chance to get a multi kill really.

I likely wonā€™t care much about the body armor as I typically play hard core but for those that play core, there is def some things they need to iron out to put everyone on a somewhat even playing field.

2 Likes

Is preordering the only way to get in the beta? Is it a closed beta?

Yep its a private beta. Pre-order from a retailer to get a code or pre-purchase from the PSN/MS store to get instant access.

2 Likes

Yea I ordered from the online store to avoid the hassle of waiting for/entering codes.

i personally liked the beta and i like the direction of this game i really liked black ops 3 but didnt care for the wall running so this is really good for me but you mileage may vary

1 Like

looking to group and play with anyone this weekend on the beta

1 Like

Make sure to get @beers_and_leafs @mnvikesfan and @FetalInjury on your friends list as they will be playing. Just hop into their parties. Iā€™m hoping to find a beta key so I can try it out.

3 Likes