Carnivore Diet

Hey reapers, I wanted to know if anyone has tried the carnivore diet. I’ve been doing intermittent fasting with great results (16 hour fast, 8 hour eating period between 12p.m.-8p.m.). I like how I feel, especially the reduction in appetite, mental clarity, and overall energy. However, I have been intrigued by keto and I heard bout the carnivore diet a few days ago and went down a rabbit hole of research and podcasts.

I don’t know if I will stick to the carnivore diet long-term, but I think it’s a great start to eliminate everything and slowly reintroduce some different food to see how it affects my body.

Anyways, do any of y’all have any experience with the carnivore or keto in general? I’d love to know your thoughts.

1 Like

I started doing Keto last December. Not completely strict but constantly striving to stay under the 20 grams of carbs limit. Most would say that its dirty keto or lazy keto or just strict low carb but I have lost 85 pounds with just changing my diet to more of a keto way of eating. My appetite has decreased tremendously and portion control is where it needs to be.

I also don’t know that I will do this long-term but will definitely not go back to constantly eating sugar. I feel great and may end up doing more of a paleo style with a keto influence but it works i can attest for that.

2 Likes

The biggest fear for me is giving up the beer honestly. Can you drink red wine and liquor on keto?

Fuck your diet!

BTW, I’m working on a new diet drink that’s beer. If I can perfect it I’ll be rich!

2 Likes

dude! Yeah the beer was hard to give up and there are very few low carb beers. You can drink red or white drys but in moderation. Also you can drink just about any liquor as long as you are not mixing it with sugary or high carb mixers. I drink Jack Daniels on the rocks and that works just fine lol.

Understatement of the century haha

1 Like

I would be fine with that, I’m getting older and need to cut down on my alcohol consumption anyways. I’m interested in the keto and carnivore for the inflammation reduction and joint health that people have reported. I have one knee that is fucked (two surgeries, hyaluronic acid injections last year) and a bad ankle.

1 Like

Those reasons are the main drivers for keto and weight loss is just a nice side effect. It really is amazing all the benefits you get when you actually eat the right things. It takes some getting used to as there are lots of foods and ingredients that are not keto but all in all I still eat good.

1 Like

I flipped my health on it’s head a little over a year ago. I started going to the gym 3 times a week, cut out all sugar, cut my carbs in half, and strive for protein focused meals. I’d like to try the carnivore diet but I just can’t afford to right now. I’m basically on Keto. If you do do it, you need to get fat in occasionally for fuel.

Like @SoInZane said, most of your unflavored liquors have 0 carbs and no sugar.
For reference, Fireball has over double the sugar that mountain dew has per serving.

Here we are a year later and I look like I did in high school except my rib cage isn’t showing.

2 Likes

The only reason I think I can pull the carnivore diet off is because I live right next to an amazing butcher who isn’t that expensive.

3 Likes

That’s perfect.

Here’s a good video about one person’s experience with the diet and how he handles the fat part of it. Good tips in here but not for everyone.

2 Likes

Yeah, I watched that video this morning! I want to check out the one with with Dr. Baker during lunch today. Rogan has fantastic podcasts.

2 Likes

Check out Dr. Berg as well. He has tons of videos on youtube around Keto.

1 Like

NO BEER? FUCK YOU! Thats unAmerican!

2 Likes

I’m currently doing keto, been on it for three months next Friday and I’ve dropped 25lbs from 200 to 175. I love it and I feel great. I have the occasional craft beer (which i miss dearly) but mostly stick to liquor and some lower carb beers. I can see doing this diet long term but maybe incoporating a cheat day every now and then because as an Italian I can’t not have pasta or dessert ever again.

2 Likes

@GrumpyInUt - I was surprised where my old Captain and Cokes or Kraken and Diets ranked on the list when I looked it up. I have since switched to Bacardi Silver and Coke Zero. Fuck worthless sugars.

Just switch to meth, there’s no calories in meth. Trust me, I’m a doctor and a nutritionist.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between Coca-Cola Zero Sugar and Diet Coke?

The taste. Both drinks are sugar free and calorie free. Coca-Cola Zero Sugar looks and tastes more like Coca-Cola Classic, while Diet Coke has a different blend of flavours which gives it a lighter taste.

1 Like

Where does Coke Life fit in the mix Mr. Mixologist?

1 Like

Wtf is that. I can’t keep up.

1 Like