Castlevania Series Coming to Netflix

Showrunner Adi Shankar has revealed the first poster for his upcoming Castlevania series on Netflix and fans of the original game will be pleased.

The poster highlights Dracula’s Castle, a staple of the franchise, with a very large, red moon sitting behind it. Although the shading of red has led some fans to question whether or not the series will take on the tone of later Castlevania games — like Lords of Shadow — the castle will instantly look familiar to anyone who played the original Castlevania or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

In the game, Dracula’s Castle is a symbol of the vampire’s power and will collapse when Dracula is defeated. The castle does reappear in later games, however, including titles where Dracula has yet to return from the dead.

Shankar didn’t say much else about the show when he debuted the poster on his Facebook page, but reiterated the show would be released this year. Castlevania is being written by Warren Ellis (Transmetropolitan, Iron Man). In December, Adventure Time executive producer Fred Seibert hinted on a podcast that his studio, Frederator, which owns the rights to the franchise, would be working on a show.

The last game in the Castlevania series, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, was released in 2014.

2 Likes

I watched this, and it’s pretty good, there needs to be more episodes, I burned through this show in one day

Definitely. Think the first season was a test to see how it would fair. Thought it was really good.

1 Like

indeed, I thought it was very good.

I really enjoyed it. I generally watch the darker side of anime. This fit right in. Looking forward to the next chapter.

new season dropped. Season 3. Anyone still watching this?

yup