Dark and Light Mega Thread

they’re downloading, installing and setting up as we speak.

probably hear something in a couple hours

yeah just saw the chatter on the pc discord channel lol

I am telling everyone it’s great even if it sucks.

Interested to hear feedback. “Very Negative” is the overall review on Steam. Seems the game is poorly optimized…

I am getting 35+ FPS with everything on ultra @2560x1080

First day of early access so there will be issues.

Overall first impressions after 3 hours is I like it. Some tasks are not working right now so you can’t complete them.

UI of course is very Ark like which I don’t mind I am already used to that. I did enjoy though instead of being dropped in a jungle of having towns and NPCs already built in and being part of a world with tasks to do. I think a lot of us got bored in Conan because after building there wasn’t a ton to do so hopefully the NPC part of the game helps that out.

Time will tell but for now totally worth the $25 for me at least.

2 Likes

Yeesh but you still gave it a 7/20

Yeah, it was fun. I’ve got a few complaints but hopefully they’ll be addressed at some point.

• The loading time. I stared at the loading screen for fifteen minutes until a loading bar appeared. It then took five minutes for the bar to fill. If it didn’t suck all of my system resources, I could have played another game while waiting for my intended game to load.
  • Money. There’s no good way to get it (aside from that one jackass who rented the house at the end of the bridge and fireballed everyone to death). Merchants buy things but they only buy in bulk and they only buy a certain number of times. With thirty people vying for the trade spots, you are almost never able to sell anything.
  • When I first started, I was able to harvest things and punch. I then lost that ability for a bit. This was only fixed after killing my character and respawning.
  • Towns are safe. Except when they’re not. Two of us were nearly killed in the safe zone. Even if they were perfectly safe, your unconscious body stays where you logged out and can be looted by anyone (even if they can’t kill you).
  • (Unsubstantiated) I suspect there are already some hacks out there. With money being as scarce as it is, one individual managed to donate 123 million gold to each of the merchants. Going back to the aforementioned flaming jackass from earlier, you’re supposed to drop your items on death. After I killed him, his corpse was completely empty. He then came out of his house fresh with another staff and fireball spell.

There are some other minor quibbles (like how many flowers you have to shove into your face until you finally learn how to make a bedroll) but I think that’s enough complaining from me for now. Let’s look at some pictures!

Just as in Ark, you can make beautiful, realistic characters.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/843714289843513564/756F43C8ADEEED6A9BF41E21D40723717C47E340/

Eating flowers to figure out how to make bedding.
If there is a subliminal message then I’m not getting it.

That character design is both innovative and fucking creepy.

Sorry, probably could have explained that better. Characters have this thing called “focus” that depletes over time. Eating flowers increases it a tiny amount (who knows, maybe they’re all coca flowers). You don’t learn to make a bedroll until your character reaches level 10, so over the course of those levels you’re going to be shoving thousands of flowers into your face hole to stay awake.

That makes so much more sense.

1 Like

FYI… I made a small house out past the slums. Go out the back of the castle through the slums over the 2nd bridge just to the right on the cliffside. you can park in there if you need to find some place to not get looted. just remember to close the door.

Edited to add its a left after the bridge if you are coming from the slums. Sorry i came from the opposite direction.

Well, I didn’t make it back to the house before my game crashed. im close though. Very interesting

1 Like

By the way for those of you interested the developers have a message when you log in that the game is only 30% complete so a ways to go with it.

Grex I think I am in the slums. There is a low bridge that goes over the water but a ton of places built now. Same area?

No its a high bridge.

@D1G1TALC1PHERS has rented a private server so details coming soon on how to join it. @PCGamers

4 Likes

Server info…

IP: 181.215.47.221
Port: 7777
Query Port: 27015

It looks like it’s default setup is PVE. What do you guys want, PVE or PVP?

3 Likes

PvP

i take it the name of the server is GrimReaperGamers