Destiny 2 - Tips Megathread (spoiler-free)

I intend for this to stay spoiler-free, you can reference spoilers where applicable but use the markdown to do so, so people can safely avoid them.

If you want to write spoilers without using markdown, use the other thread.

Ace of Spades questline (07 Sept 2018)

There is a step which states a requirement to kill other Guardians in Gambit matches as the invader.
However, players are conclusively stating that progress is only being recorded when you kill invaders (i.e. you are a defender).

For now Bungie have acknowledged the discrepancy but not explained whether the step is bugged or the text is wrong.

So, you must kill Invaders in Gambit matches.
This makes the step much harder, since you’re competing with your teammates to kill a single overshielded guardian inside 30 seconds with a handcannon.

Tip: Using a combination of Sturm and Drang may make this easier (use Drang on AI enemies for bonus crit damage on Guardians using Sturm).

Infusing Gear

Infusion costs are not cheap.
However, it is cheaper if you infuse the same weapon into the same weapon (obviously with one at a higher LL).
This reduces the infusion cost to just glimmer.

The drive to 500 LL

One small tip to help the initial drive up to 500 is using the Collections tab.
You may find that the LL of 1 (or more) pieces of your gear is significantly lower than the others.
You can generate items from your Collections tab at the cost of some resources, although these are lower than your average LL it might still be enough to boost a particular item (thereby raising your average).

More tips will be added over time.
Existing information will be corrected or updated.
Please feel free to contribute to the thread.

1 Like

In driving to 500. Forget about collections. Save your resources.

Do bounties/adventures and if past 450, lost sectors. All drop legendary gear. Also public events are a good source. All of this on the tangled shores. I was at 500 by the time I caught up to Uldron.

Oh dont forget to pick up the clan rewards. It drops a 503 piece.

Ah yeah, the PE stuff is great.
This is purely in case you’re missing one item that is slowing you right down (class item is a classic example).

1 Like

yup, make sure they go Heroic to. dont let the blueberries kill the boss to quick. get some other GRG in your fireteam. there is enough of us always on.

as always there are daily and weekly milestones…those help progressing after 500 best but if you are at risk of losing a bounty or a daily…get that done and get the gear

Something that was easy for me as well is if you don’t have Drang/Sturm, then Crimson is a decent second choice for both the gambit and following quest step.

1 Like

crimson has been my jam all of yr1…i suspect it will hold up here too!

I still have yet to get that gun. :disappointed_relieved:

I got it last week.

You should have heard SoInZane.
“You only just got it??”

If sub 500 grab the region chests as well. Make use of the blue gear they contain otherwise its just scrap afterwards.

Dont touch any bounty, quest etc where the reward is powerful gear until after 500 unless you’re at the brink of it expiring.

If you hoarded all your tokens that is a good way to get the new season 4 5 piece sets for Vanguard and Crucible as there is also a step to use all 5 in a strike or get a win in the crucible. Gambit is the exception here as you’ll have to start fresh there.

1 Like

This is a guide for the public event in the dreaming city.

2 Likes