Destiny 2 where we are so far...

To save the reading:

September 6, 2017 D2 releases
mixed reviews and concerns:
MICROTRANSACTIONS
THERE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN A DESTINY 2

THE GEAR WAS TOO FLAT
DESTINY 2’S PVP CHANGES WERE UNPOPULAR (6v6 and TTK)
December 5, 2017 Curse of Osiris releases
FIRST EXPANSION DISAPPOINTED (Content?)

Positive steps
MASTERWORKS
NIGHTFALL SCORING & UNIQUE REWARDS
UNIQUE RAID GEAR
GO FAST COMPLETELY CHANGES META

(Hiccup) 6v6 Brought back and delayed

that brings to this week…
Rumors have May 8 as the 2nd planned expansion for D2
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/14-03-2018-destiny-2-dlc-guide-release-date-expansion-details-curse-of-osiris-everything-we-know

So when does the hype train start?

Back in D1 April 13, 2015 House of Wolves began promoting a release date of May 19, 2015…that was 5 week lead in

This week should the time for the reveal…but no official press release
What we did get was a little mystery…
AURORA RETROFLEX initiated / …

— Christopher Barrett (@cgbarrett) April 5, 2018

BTW exactly 5 weeks before the hypothesized release date

It could be just a tease…it could be ARG…in Rise of Iron there was a whole cipher discovery for the raid that led to an exotic chest and eventually the discovery of outbreak prime, a hyped but underwhelming weapon unfortunately.

Here’s hoping for the good stuff

@DestinyPlayers Here’s the card in question:

This post looks like it was crafted for @ixL0N3W0LFxi . I have no clue what any of this means. Am I playing the same game?

1 Like

Meh, the hype train continues to roll on with Destiny and like usual will be probably under-deliver. So much potential for a really immersive story but can seem to translate that into the game.

destiny has a story?

Sometimes Bungies likes to have a real world Easter egg hunt. I prefer that than a normal release promotional. Now the lore card is something you could collect way back in D1. Some people collected them and read them. They create story behind the story. This seems to be needed to tell you anything about the world your character did not personally experience. @Lala_Calamari

I prefer my story within the actual game. Presented to me as an after thought. Bungie will not get a pass on this from me.

I’d rather them toss in some small side quests in game now to build up hype for the new expansion. Something the player can actually experience. ESO just did this with the Summerset Expansion coming. You actually pick up a small quest line that deals with the upcoming expansion.

I don’t know what you are talking about @Lala_Calamari. I have nooooooo clue.
Passes the @valiantvictory the razor, “you missed your neck this week, too.”

1 Like

I know you like MMO…I like it too, but I think the story/lore split is not unique to Destiny and the ADD generation seems to like this…that way if you want to know you can but if you don’t does not effect gameplay…again I acknowledge side quest might be a more traditional way to do this but I don’t hate this.

Touche’

Outbreak Prime was a great weapon,

1 Like

OP was an 11 on the cool meter for sure but did you make it your main weapon? That was my thing…I used it for patrols and dailies but not the raid or PvP…and it was worth the ARG reddit crazy for sure…it was a cool/exciting quest

it was actually fun in pvp, Was never a huge go to but I had a lot of fun with it and the quest to get it was fun.

OP was great for the raid. I used it for a long time.

1 Like

I will say that the no radar comp play list and trials is a great step in the right direction. Not to mention the NF weapon grind now is pretty cool.

@catsweat I can say all the way back to D1 NF was fine but not a must do thing…now we do it 3x a week at least to try to get the stuff…loot fix …no but something to grind for yes…nobody i know has gotten any of the stuff yet though

Just saying that bringing back something to grind for is a step in the right direction. There were a lot of things in D1 you didn’t have to do but a lot of us did. I did daily story, pvp and bounties everyday before I started whatever I planned that night. Was just habit and it was fun. That Hand Cannon will be something to grind for, I have a feeling it will be huge in pvp. :slight_smile: