Last month, Destiny’s three-week event “The Dawning” took place throughout the holiday season and introduced, among other things, “new gear, Sparrows, Ornaments, consumables, Shaders, Emblems, Emotes and more” for fans. Unfortunately, as is often the case with updates, not everything that was introduced was intentional. Following the launch of “The Dawning”, Bungie has been busy monitoring reports of issues that were introduced with Destiny Update 2.5.0. The team has been hard at work trying to fix as many problems as they can and the following issues will be addressed by the upcoming Destiny Hotfix 220.127.116.11, which will become available at 9:30 AM PST on Tuesday, January 17th, 2017.
- Some Patrol missions in the Plaguelands are not reliably causing enemies to drop their respective objective items.
- Xûr’s “Curio” inventory varies on a weekly basis, due to a limitation of his inventory space.
- Weapon Stability on the Nova Mortis and Abbadon Exotic Machine Guns is inconsistent.
The Hotfix will arrive just in time for the first Iron Banner of 2017, which will begin on January 17th, starting at 10 AM PST and conclude on January 24th, at 1 AM PST. Full Patch Notes will, of course, be made available alongside the release of this Hotfix.
There is also a selection of issues that are known with the Destiny Update 2.5.0, and while these issues have been added to the pinned Known Issues thread in Destiny’s #Help forum. However, they will not be addressed until a future update:
- Rounds may not end as expected when all players on a Fireteam have been defeated in Elimination Game Types.
- Skeleton Keys may be removed erroneously from Character Inventory.
- Acquiring the Ice Breaker from weekly Vanguard Elite Bounty does not unlock the corresponding Grimoire card.
- Players who have completed the “Songs from the Void” Quest will see a waypoint above Ikora in the Tower, where players will need to speak instead with Commander Zavala to receive the following Quest.