DICE ending support for Battlefield 1 in June

EA and DICE have confirmed in a blog post that they will cease monthly updates for Battlefield 1 in June 2018. While DICE make clear they will update the game up until then - including adding a new mode called Shock Operations - support for the game will finally cease 20 months after its launch in October 2016

The new mode, Shock Operations, is similar to the existing Operations in that it features up to 40 players fighting to control sectors. The difference is that battles will be confined to a single map, and so will be much more fast-paced. It will be available on five maps: Giant’s Shadow, Prise de Tahure, Lupkow Pass, Zeebrugge, and River Somme. Even though most of these are DLC maps, DICE says players of Shock Operations will still be able to access them.

Relatedly, DICE will also start making more maps from the They Shall Not Pass DLC expansion available to all standard owners of Battlefield 1, with the Rupture map available right now.

While it’s sad that support for Battlefield 1 is being wound down, it’s certainly had a good run. However it is curious that support is ceasing around the same time as E3 - with a new Battlefield game leaked so heavily that it’s practically certain, this is more evidence that we can expect a release come the holiday season.

What a gong show this game has been

Wow, to completely drop support before the next title is even out? That’s nuts. I guess the player population really dropped to the point of not even being worth it.

I’ve been toying with running a monthly BF1 night just so we can play the maps we bought. The game gets so frustrating since we can never keep multiple squads on the same team.

3 Likes

Ive tried going back to it a few times for the new content, I get frustrated with unbalanced lobbies and server issues and give up. What a shame played it like crazy in the beginning

1 Like

Fuck DICE. They never should have sold out to EA. All they do nowadays is push loot boxes and milk gamers for money. There isn’t anything innovative about their battlefield games anymore either-just reskins and new maps. They’ve turned into COD.

:poop:

1 Like