Dinklebot is dead, Long live Dinklebot

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/57124633.jpg

Bungie is nuking Peter Dinklage’s Dinklebot from Destiny. Nolan North will not only be the new voice of Dinklebot for the Taken King, but will replace all of Peter Dinklage’s dialogue.

Bungie is recasting the role of Ghost, replacing current voice actor Peter Dinklage with newcomer Nolan North (best known as the voice of Nathan Drake in Uncharted). Starting with The Taken King this September, North will voice all of the little bugger’s lines. But this isn’t just for future dialogue: Dinklage was so bad, they’re actually going back and recording all of his lines, expunging him from the game entirely. (They’ll keep the same script.)

This news comes from Game Informer’s September cover story, which is all about The Taken King. “We wanted Nolan North’s version of the Ghost to wake you up at the start of the journey at level one and follow you all the way to level forty,” Taken King director Luke Smith told the magazine.

EDIT: Merging my topic with Lala’s.

[The original article from Game Informer][1]

Also interesting…if you start playing from level one, you get North as your Ghost even from the beginning. They had him re-record Dinklage’s lines from the start of the game as well:

Not only does Nolan North play Ghost in the new content in The Taken King, but Bungie also had North re-record all of the original dialogue to create a consistent storytelling experience from beginning to end. “We wanted Nolan North’s version of the Ghost to wake you up at the start of the journey at level one and follow you all the way to level forty,” says creative director Luke Smith. With this change, the Ghost’s script will remain the same, but Peter Dinklage’s voicing of those lines will not be present in the game.

North is a great voice actor, but it’s weird they had him re-do all of Dinklage’s lines and effectively erased Dinklebot altogether.
[1]: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/08/04/destiny-recasts-its-most-important-character-with-nolan-north-9709.aspx?utm_content=buffercaee7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

2 Likes

Dinklebot’s voice acting was so dreadful. Plus, they probably didn’t want to pay him / schedule him for any sort of update. Or maybe Peter had no interest in being a part of Destiny anymore.

might be busy on another project.

re-recording the lines probably was not that bad. its not like he had a lot of them.

“We’ve woken the Hiiiiivvvvvveeee!” Rinse and repeat.

Sorry, don’t want to upset the Destiny fanboys… I mean fan base. Did I touch a nerve or did you feel the need to shit on a thread?

World of Tanks most important voice over is mine !!!

1 Like

Lala doesn’t play tanks.

Keep world of tanks out of this.

1 Like

recruit some new blood. plenty still play.

hell nobody on here really plays planetside. i pimp the shit out of GRG to get people to play with. dont like playing with Timmies and fucking blueberries.

Oh and yeah this is super wierd. i would think it was in Dinkles contract for more voice-over work for the expansions… would love to hear the behind the scenes on this decision.

Or set up a Raid, Strike or Crucible night. I’ll add it to the events and spam it in the weekly newsletter. People will play if there is an event.

I’ve only asked for a Destiny Team lead since the game was released. Never really got one.

Anyway, that’s a discussion fro another thread.

I only respond to Interpretative Dance.

Dinklebot is dead. It’s now Northbot. Or maybe Drakebot.

nolan ghost… gholan… ghorth… nhost… nolbot…

none as good as dinklebot

1 Like

I’ve tried to set things up. GRG couldn’t get 6 people to do a raid all at one time. Very few people play in GRG anymore! Everyone is busy sharpening their swords and rubbing peen on each other to play anymore weather its a clan ni… er “community event” or not. I’m mean fuck me, WoT is free and we can’t get a room full of people.

a game where you rub peens?

whats it called?

im assuming a ps4 exclusive.

2 Likes

It’s when you rub two tank barrels together!

hate you

If you’re on PS4 I will.

Still log on a few times a week to do Nightfalls, Heroic Strikes and sometimes PoE.

I didn’t think it could get worse than Dinklebot but it has. Nolanbot sucks…

1 Like

Is it me, or does it sound too much like C-3PO?

1 Like