Disney halts Star Wars spin-off movies going forward

Looks like Bob Iger wasn’t happy with Solo’s performance.

Sources with knowledge of the situation tell Collider that Lucasfilm has decided to put plans for more A Star Wars Story spinoff movies on hold, instead opting to focus their attention on Star Wars: Episode IX and what the next trilogy of Star Wars films will be after that film.

So, no Boba Fett or Obi-Wan movies, at least in the near future.

Note: This only affects the Anthology movies. The trilogy set past Ep 9 by Rian Johnson and the films being developed by the guys behind Game of Thrones are not affected.

Well, right now it looks like it’s not happening. I’d be more concerned about fucking it up.

Good. They should stop all Star Wars movies. The Last Jedi was terribad.

2 Likes

agreed

one of those times that no movie is better than any movie…old republic…is prime for movie making but i suspect they fear the neck-beards

1 Like

I’m ok with this

As someone who loved the original trilogy and a HUGE Sci-fi fan (saw the first one on release. I’m old.) I feel it’s ok to trash the new movies. They’re just brutal. Prequels… I’ll just let them be, nothing really needs to be said there. The problem with all the new movies is the characters are more boring than the ReaperCast. Who cares. I couldn’t even tell you the main characters names from Rogue One (only the Vader scene was worthwhile).

I’m not sure if the problem is they hired bad actors or the dialogue is just so bland but Star Wars isn’t special anymore.

1 Like

why no chewbacca movie?

racists

2 Likes

Jyn Erso

Rouge One was probably the best newer movie released for the Franchise.