Division Season Pass promo "Year One"

This video talks about upcoming content in The Division but niot lot of details. Brings up “incursions” saying there will be two of them. (I am assuming it’s the raid like activity we keep hearing rumors about EDIT: Article states incursions are 4 player squad activities). Brings up trading and something that peaks my interest, gear sets.
If they gear sets like World of Warcraft gear sets I am excited. Would love to see gear designed around certain builds.

Article about video http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-241886-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

"2016-03-03 [News] The Division – Year One - thumb
SHARE THIS NEWS: Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+
THE DIVISION – OUR “YEAR ONE” PLAN

03/03/2016 11:52 AM

Today, we give you more information on our post-release plans for the Division. Our universe will keep evolving with on-going content that will build on the experience long after release.

Following launch, you will be able to take on new tasks and challenges within the main storyline and end-game through daily and weekly missions as well as Dark Zone events.
In addition to these ongoing activities, 2 free updates and 3 paid expansions will also be released over the course of the year.

FREE UPDATES

These 2 free updates will add new features and functionality to the game:

2016-03-03 [News] The Division – Year One - content 01
Incursions
In April, the first free update will introduce a new challenging end-game activity developed specifically for squad play. Teams of up to four players will be able to test their skills as they face seemingly unstoppable enemies to gain high-level weapons and equipment.

2016-03-03 [News] The Division – Year One - content 02
Conflict
In May, the second free update will add new features to the Dark Zone and add a new incursion in the iconic Columbus Circle

EXPANSIONS

3 paid expansions will also be released over the course of the year. They are all available in the Season Pass (and therefore in the Gold Edition and Sleeper Agent edition).
Each expansion builds on The Division, continuing the player’s journey and progress with new content, gear and gameplay.

2016-03-03 [News] The Division – Year One - content 03
Expansion I: Underground
Available in June, this first major expansion lets players explore the uncharted underworld of New York City. Players will chase deadly enemies with up to three other Agents through an endless maze of tunnels and subways.

2016-03-03 [News] The Division – Year One - content 04
Expansion II: Survival
Available this summer, this expansion will challenge players will have to survive as long as possible by gathering essential supplies and high-tech equipment to take back New York- if they don’t succumb to the temptation and turn Rogue.

2016-03-03 [News] The Division – Year One - content 05
Expansion III: Last Stand
Next winter, a new threat rises as players and their squad must prepare to defend against a relentless foe."

2 Likes

From dual shockers.

As mentioned previously, there will be three paid expansions as well as two free extensions hitting The Division. The first free expansion — available to anyone who has purchased the game — will arrive in April. Dubbed the “Incursions” update, a new endgame activity will be added allowing squads to take on higher-level enemies for higher-end loot. Additionally, a new featured to be added with this update is loot-trading among co-op team members — something (arguably) sorely missing from games like Destiny.

The more nebulous second free update (titled “The Conflict”) will arrive in May, “adding new Dark Zone features and an incursion into New York’s Columbus Circle.”

Meanwhile, if you purchase the Season Pass, Gold Edition, or Collector’s Edition, you can look forward to the three paid expansions. The first of the paid expansions, “The Underground,” will make its way to The Division in June letting players explore the subway system in hunt of enemies. Following Underground will be “Survival” in late Summer, tasking players to survive as long as possible in extremely hostile environments. Finally, the third update — “Last Stand” — will be coming in the Winter, offering “a new, relentless threat.”

1 Like

You know, with a game like Destiny where it’s your responsibility as a player to go out and find the named weapons and hard to find ones, I can understand not implementing trading. The Division seems like trading, especially peer-to-peer, will be good for it. It helps to keep things more internalize within our community. I’m not a fan of trade markets in games, but trading between friends is alright with me.

5 Likes

Especially with the crafting system. Or if you’re in dz as a sniper while the rest of the team grabs the loot.

It will be interesting to see if people figure a way to dupe loot like in borderlands.

I am always cautious when it comes to in game trade, it always leads to people buying characters, gear under illegal sites, and also opens up to players being ripped off or hacked. Hell before Destiny came up I found a site trying to rip people off by selling glimmer with real money, even though impossible to do within game.

As long as the best gear in game is not tradable that will help with this issue. And I don’t think the crafting systems will be to in-depth that trading matters for it. I think everybody will be able get same recipes and getting materials will be as easy as dismantling gear.

No drop loot I believe is the term.

You know where you heard this info cause I haven’t heard this anywhere? I do know you’ll get blueprints from random drops and mission rewards. I really can’t see getting a blueprint from dismantling gear.

The using better materials thing makes sense from things I seen. Plus fact all weapons can be common, blue, purple… Big difference is amount of talents, attributes, and DPS increase.

I’m so excited to actually dig into this game when it comes out.

Not completely true, they said some best equipment can come from crafting they also said can come from dark zone and PvE activities. They never been clear, they just make it sound like whatever you do can get you “best gear”