Elite: Dangerous Mega Thread

Run out of fuel in space or want to make that your task in the game helping others? There are Fuel Rats out there. https://www.fuelrats.com/

Cleaned up my original post and added a couple new things.

Thanks for the Fuel Rat reminder @anon3687162

For you PC players that want your ship voice different (includes Shatner, Spiner, DeLancie, or others).

Note that you do have to buy the mod/software first.
https://voiceattack.com/

1 Like

Ello all…i think @BalekFekete posted this in the Discord channel…But I was wanting to bring this to the mega thread.
So alot of GRG members are starting to get into Elite Dangerous. Thats great and the first thing everybody encounters is what do I do…how do I land…omg why did i get this(ok not everyone for that last comment).

So a Elite CMDR by the name of Codger decided to ‘start over’…in his starting Elite all over again, he is/has also video logged this. So check out the link provided. Its a playlist of his journey and will answer hopefully alot of questions on how you could play elite dangerous…to even seeing how it could be starting out.

As always feel free to hit us up with questions in the ‘Elite’ Discord channel GRG has. Cheers!!!

For the PC guys to get all immersed.

Voice command program:

https://voiceattack.com/

Free VA Profile based on GLaDOS from Portal

Awesome voice packs for purchase

2 Likes

from the voiceattack.com site

NOTE: If you are still a Windows XP user (WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT?)

How much does it cost?
VoiceAttack is only $10.00 (U.S.). (Texas residents add 8.25% sales tax).

sucks to be a Texan…

1 Like

I will be getting a voice just not sure who.

I’ve just grabbed the free one so far.

Agreed.

Update New Community Goals

Greetings, Commanders, and welcome to this week’s community goals blog. If you’re looking for a goal, the breakdown below should help:

Conflict in Parun – Imperial Pilots

Underwood Port, Parun – Earn rewards by delivering Personal Weapons, Explosives and Reactive Armour to Underwood Port in the Parun system.

Conflict in Parun – Federal Pilots

Underwood Port, Parun – Earn rewards by handing in Bounty Vouchers at Underwood Port in the Parun system.

Conflict in Parun

Intelligence recovered from the Parun system indicates that the Laksmii Jet Power Industries, an Empire-aligned organisation, has devised a plot to smuggle quantities of Personal Weapons, Explosives and Reactive Armour into Underwood Port. It is understood that Imperial agents based in the system will use the items to conduct guerrilla attacks against the Independents of Parun, the system’s controlling faction.

Having received word of this plot, the Independents of Parun has placed bounties on all Laksmii Jet Power Industries ships operating in Parun in the hope of thwarting the operation. Both factions have appealed to the galactic community for support, promising to reward pilots who support their campaigns.

The rival operations begin on the 12th of January 3303 and will run for one week. If either organisation achieves its aims earlier than planned, the operations will end immediately.

https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/communitygoals

This is the setup I am trying to use with some adjustments for my HOTAS flight stick.

If you get a stick I can also send the forum link where I downloaded the file for this configuration. It basically is making me learn the game all over again and will be a treat when I switch from Xbox to PC.

1 Like

Are all those buttons hit with “shift modifiers”? or whatever you’d call it? You have to choose between 5,6,7,8 then click another button? And you mocked me for my MMO mouse. Shame.

1 Like

I have a MMO mouse so you must have a Jammer character in your head that makes fun of you.

That is just a bonding I downloaded. You can map the buttons or mainly use the keyboard or even better voice attack for commands. With voice (which I will get soon) you just fell the computer do do something.

“computer, Play the game for me” “Make it so #1

1 Like

Elite Dangerous Top 10 Must Use Websites and Tools

1 Like

WTF

Frontier talks about its development plans for Elite…Somethings we have already got to experience…others are still enroute …Enjoy

Frontier’s Development Kickstarter Page that brought you the amazing game you are playing today… take a look how it all started.