ESO+ Free for all Jan 9-15th

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26283

The ESO Plus Bonus Event will begin at 10:00AM EST on Tuesday, January 9 and run until 10:00AM EST on Monday, January 15. During the event, ESO Plus members can earn up to six free Crown Crates just by logging into the game. If you’re not already a member, join us to enjoy select benefits of ESO Plus completely free. Read on for all the details!

ESO PLUS FOR ALL!

If you’ve never experienced ESO Plus, you can check out almost everything it has to offer for FREE for a limited time with our trial. We think you’ll find that an ESO Plus membership certainly has its benefits, including:

• Full access to DLC game packs – new zones, quests, dungeons and more!
  • Includes the Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Shadows of the Hist, Horns of the Reach, and Clockwork City DLC game packs
  • A Craft Bag offering you unlimited storage for all of your crafting materials
  • Double Bank space for all the characters on your account
  • 10% increase to Experience and Gold acquisition, Crafting Inspiration, and Trait Research rates
  • Double Furnishings and Collectibles space in player housing
  • Exclusive ability to dye costumes
  • Double Transmute Crystal storage
  • Monthly stipend of 1500 Crowns (available to paid members only)

I also found a good reddit post explaining how non-ESO+ users can take advantage of the trial.

Starting this Tuesday, the 9th, players on all platforms will get a free trial of ESO+, which includes access to all the DLC, the craft bag, costume dyeing, etc etc. If you’re new to the game or don’t have experience with the DLCs, you might be wondering how to maximize the free stuff, especially if your playtime is limited. Here’s a little guide; please feel free to add more tips in the comments.

1. Free Pet! Entering the city of Orsinium inside the Wrothgar zone earns you a free pet. Get to Wrothgar by talking to the caravaneer inside Vukhel Guard, Daggerfall, or Stonefall. Then just follow the path northish to the city. You can even ignore the zone’s first quest. The whole shebang will take ~3 minutes.

2. Free Pet! Entering Hew’s Bane earns you a free pet. Get to Hew’s Bane by either 'porting there directly, or by talking to an NPC who will be waiting for you inside the Outlaw’s Refuge inside Vukhel Guard, Daggerfall, or Stonefall. ~2 minutes.

3. Blade Of Woe! You earn this nifty ability by joining the Dark Brotherhood. Join the Dark Brotherhood by talking to an NPC who will be waiting for you in the Outlaw’s Refuge of Vukhel Guard, Daggerfall, or Stonefall and follow their quest. Expect to spend ~20 minutes on this. The Blade of Woe is a must-have for most players. Normally, killing a passive NPC is a crime with a guaranteed witness (the victim), but if you use the Blade of Woe, you can get away scot-free. This is a useful way to get at the contents of their pockets. Furthermore, when solo adventuring, the Blade can insta-kill unaware humanoid enemies, which can occasionally speed up your questing.

4. Skyshards! The Orsinium, Thieve’s Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and Clockwork City DLC zones each contain Skyshards. Wrothgar, as the largest zone, contains the most, but some of them are inside delves, and one is inside a public dungeon. Every character can benefit from more skill points, so pony up and zip through the zones. It’s tough to gauge how much time you’ll spend here. ~2.5 hours for everything, if you’re efficient.

5. Transmutation! With Transmutation Stones (you’ll need at least 50, earned from a variety of activities) you can give a piece of equipment you own any other trait you have researched. Transmutation stations are available inside the Clockwork City DLC. Get to the Clockwork City by meeting an NPC inside the Mournhold City Center. Once inside the city, check the map and head to the swirly icon. New characters and new players can safely skip this. Don’t waste Stones on gear that you will outlevel. Getting there will take ~5 minutes.

6. Crafting Bag! Just open your inventory and check the bottom of your screen for the prompt to move crafting mats to the Crafting Bag. Once the event is over, you’ll be able to pull mats out (but not put mats in), so it’s totally safe to do this. This is a great way to clear up some bag/bank space temporarily. Crafting Bag is the best part of ESO+; no one should skip this. ~1 minute.

7. Spell Power Cure armor set! This one is super easy; just go to the Group tab of the menu and queue for the White-Gold Tower dungeon. Complete the dungeon, looting as you go. SPC is heavily favored in the meta right now and probably won’t fall out of favor soon, so it may be worth running this dungeon for the loot even if you’re not using any magicka avatars currently. ~30-45 minutes per run, if your group is competent and your luck is good.

8. Skill Points from Dungeons! There are 6 DLC Group Dungeons, and the quest involved with each grants a skill point. They are the Imperial City Prison, White-Gold Tower, Cradle of Shadcows, Ruins of Mazzatun, Bloodroot Forge, and Falkreath Hold. Just queue for them in the Group tab of the menu and do the quest as you go. ~30-45 minutes per run, if your group is competent and your luck is good.

9. Orc Food! Complete the quests given to you by Orzorga in the Wrothgar zone for recipes that scale with your level without caps. Talk to the caravaneer inside Vukhel Guard, Daggerfall, or Stonefall to get to Wrothgar, then travel northish along the road to get to Orsinium. You don’t have to do the zone’s first quest. Once in Orsinium, exit the city going north, find the Shatul wayshrine, and go north some more. If you’re lost, the map marker for Morkuldin Forge is just a little left of the entrance to Orzorga’s kitchen. Do the quests to get the recipes, four quests in all. Be warned that these recipes are not good for leveling your Provisioning. ~10-15 minutes per quest.

Edit: Here’s some extra!

1. Dyeing! Get to a dyeing station and color all your favorite costumes with all your favorite colors. Coloring persists after the trial ends, so this is safe to invest some time into. ~30 seconds or 30 hours, depending on your personality.

2. Steampunk Food! The Clockwork City DLC has 3 recipes associated with it that, like the Orc Food, scales to your level with no cap. Also like Orc Food, the quest giver is the same for all three quests, making this a fairly quick score. Once you’re in the Clockwork City zone, head to the Brass Fortress, check the map, head to the Outlaw’s Refuge there, and talk to the NPC named Brengolin. ~10-15 minutes per quest

I have been thinking of firing it back up again.

Of course I just went on to upgrade my horse and can’t connect.

ESO this weekend then?

New here but would love to get involved in some ESO event or activity.

1 Like

I’m not even sure how to plan an ESO activity. PvE or PvP. I have characters of all levels.

We still have a few in the Guild that actually play.

I could be convinced to jump back in for a few nights. I just cancelled eso plus and it was such a pain in the ass to figure that out. But I would like to run the latest dlc.

Providing the group is all in the same alliance we could perhaps do cyrodil runs or run some trials or mass farming lol

Havent played ESO for a couple of months but there is usually some event or such running that we could get involved in, I guess.