ESO Morrowind Battlegrounds

ESO has released some info on the upcoming Morrowind Expansion’s new PvP mode. Games will be 3 teams of 4 players (4v4v4) that take approximately 15 minutes. The teams are not bound by Alliance.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/03/08/eso-morrowind--battlegrounds-basics

OBJECTIVE-BASED ACTION

There are three unique Battleground game types at the launch of ESO: Morrowind, and each one offers a different kind of action.

Team Deathmatch

Team Deathmatch is perfect for those who don’t want to worry too much about mundane things like “objectives" or “teamwork." Find and destroy enemy player characters with each kill granting your team points.

Capture the Flag

Capture the Flag mode is a more structured attack-and-defend styled game type that will be most enjoyed by those who thrive as part of a team. Capture your enemies’ flags and return them to your base while carefully defending your own.

Domination

Domination will be favored by those who like capture-and-hold gameplay. Seek out, capture, and hold special locations on the map to earn your team points. A captured point will grant your team points for as long you have it.

In each game type, you’ll win by either reaching the point limit or by having the highest total by the end of the match.

There are three unique arenas you’ll fight in at launch:

• Ald Carac – A dilapidated ruin of an ancient Dwemer city
  • Ularra – An old overgrown Daedric worshipping site
  • Foyada Quarry – A quarry set in the shadow of Red Mountain

Each Battleground has its own unique sense and style, and we’ll have more information regarding each one, including points of interest, in the weeks to come.

As someone that plays a ton of MMO PvP that’s never truly the case. Some builds will be stronger than others, that happens but it’s not the end of the world. Understanding how to PvP and what to do when is more important. You can give a shitty player an OP build and he’ll lose every time against someone that knows how to properly play the game.

Domination, if you earn points like Cod could be the best way to power level in Pvp going forward, I hope this is the case anyway.

I’m looking forward to the new pvp game mode but it won’t be the main pvp focus for me. GW2 had arena PvP and the open world World vs World vs World (smaller version of Cyrodiil) and while I played a lot of Arena PvP the majority of my time was spent in WvW. I really enjoy the open world, seige, Castle PvP.