EVE Valkyrie Will Be Cross Platform

CCP Games has announced EVE: Valkyrie will support cross-play between the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and PlayStation VR.

According to Polygon, EVE: Valkyrie executive producer Owen O’Brien told fans the news today at EVE Fanfest in Iceland. “What we haven’t said before, and will for the first time here on stage is cross-platform play.”

“Valkyrie from the outset was made as a VR game, and we want people irrespective of the platform they’re playing on to be able to flight together and die together.” O’Brien continued. “So that’s a big important thing for us. That everyone can play together and we break down the barriers.”

So, even if you choose different virtual reality hardware than your friends, you’ll still be able to play Valkyrie together. The game released as an Oculus Rift launch title, but it has since been announced for HTC Vive and PS VR as well.

well i guess they need to be as broad as they can with the whole 5 people that will be buying each of those.

1 Like

Meanie

I love EVE and the EVE universe, would be it worth buying VR for?? I highly doubt it but I may look into it.

you tell me… i can’t fucking wait.

See that could fun holding on a game pad and being able to look around the cockpit, but then does it really need VR except for looking around the cocking pit? That seems more of a gimmick than adding to the gameplay.

that is true but right now the idea of VR is to immerse you into a game to bring new experience. For this to really work games should allow to turn 360, look up and down. Take advantage of being able to look left and right.

But playing this game appears you are forced to look straight forward most of the time to watch what you are shooting and driving to, so I don’t see VR adding anything to this game.

But you can look where you want, and as simple as that sounds, that’s what gives the sense of immersion.

I posted a link to ign playing paranormal activity. That’s probably more of the type VR you’re expecting