Everything you need to know about ESO's homes

Elder Scrolls Online has a new post on their blog detailing the upcoming homes coming to ESO. Looks like I won’t be homeless with the ability to purchase them directly from the Crown store.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/02/06/homestead-basics-guide

You must first complete “A Friend in Need” quest to get your first home (free little room) and to have the ability to purchase new homes via gold .

To get your first home

For the tutorial quest, seek out Canthion the Wood Elf Housing Broker. Look for the “Housing Brochure" in the bank for every major non-DLC zone city. You can also find him at the following locations:

• Aldmeri Dominion: Auridon, Vulkhel Guard, in the Vulkhel Guard Manor & Treasury
  • Daggerfall Covenant: Glenumbra, Daggerfall, in the Bank of Daggerfall
  • Ebonheart Pact: Stonefalls, Davon’s Watch, in the Uveran Bank

(Note: You must go to the location that corresponds with your character’s home alliance.)

Once you’ve started “A Friend in Need", follow the quest through to completion to earn the deed to your first humble abode: an inn room apartment. Obtaining the inn room unlocks it as a new account-wide collectible, which appears in the new “Housing" category in your Collections. Here are the three available inn room names and locations:

• Daggerfall Inn – The Rosy Lion (Daggerfall Covenanent, Glenumbra, Daggerfall)
  • Ebonheart Inn – The Ebony Flask Inn Room (Ebonheart Pact, Stonefalls, Ebonheart)
  • Mara’s Kiss Public House – Vulkhel Guard Inn (Aldmeri Dominion, Auridon, Vulkhel Guard)

If you wish to get the free inn room for each alliance, simply complete the “A Friend in Need" quest on one character for each alliance.

After acquiring your first home, it’s yours to keep for no additional cost. There is no mortgage or upkeep fee associated with any of the available homes in ESO, and they are available to all characters on your account.

Decorations and Furnishings

• Inn Rooms: 15 furnishings, 1 Trophy Bust, and 1 Assistant, Mount, or Pet
  • Apartments: 50 furnishings, 1 Trophy Bust, and 1 Assistant, Mount, or Pet
  • Small Homes: 100 furnishings, 5 Trophy Busts, and 2 Assistants, Mounts, or Pets; 6 total visitors at a time
  • Medium Homes: 200 furnishings, 10 Trophy Busts, and 3 Assistants, Mounts, or Pets; 12 total visitors at a time
  • Large Homes: 300 furnishings, 20 Trophy Busts, and 4 Assistants, Mounts, or Pets; 12 total visitors at a time
  • Manors: 350 furnishings, 40 Trophy Busts, and 5 Assistants, Mounts, or Pets: 24 total visitors at a time

Preview Homes before you buy

Here are the three ways to preview homes before you buy:

• In the Crown Store: Navigate to the new “Houses" category. You can switch between unfurnished and furnished previews at any time and the preview will adjust accordingly.
  • In the Collections menu: Navigate to your Collections menu and select the “Housing" tab. This will also show you the home type, location, and purchase requirements.
  • Out in the world: Walk up to a home in the world and click on its door or front gate to preview.

This drops on XBox 1 this Tuesday the 21st for anyone still interested in ESO. I think that’s only @deSoldier2001 and me.

I’m playing again. My gf is currently playing and sending me pics from her master race machine on the Homestead aspect. Pretty stoked on it. I definitely need to knock off a bunch of quests to save up gold to get a proper one.

Also just happens to be my day off on Tuesday. ESO Sims it is!

Is this a dlc or something you have to download to play?

Free DLC. They want to sell houses and shit in the crown shop to make money.

1 Like