Fallout 4 Review Thread

Gamespot - 9

gameinformer - 9

IGN- 9.5

Poloygon - 9.5

http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-review/
PCgamer- 88/100

20 hours with FO4

It’s Bethesda. I expect bugs, lag, game freezing, frame rate drops, and a good fucking time regardless.

1 Like

I give them the pass because I have bought $60 games that had little to no bugs, great animations and ending up being crap. Even with the bugs I know that with fallout I am getting my monies worth.

Bare in mind I have been lucky enough to never encounter a game breaking bug.

Also unfortunately years and years of buggy, broken games have lowered my expectation of all games. I go in most of the time knowing I am wasting $60 on a unfinished product.

To be honest, as buggy as the Fallout series is on launch, it’s actually pretty solid compared to the multiplayer offerings from the last 3rd of last gen through today. I’ve encountered a couple of bugs that were just staggeringly ridiculous, but it’s still nothing compared to launches like Battlefield 4.

I played a hour of Fallout last night. Smooth as butter. Solid 60 FPS that never dropped. Not a single bug. Textures in the vault don’t do the outside world justice. Once outside I think it looks great. I think a lot of people confuse “Art Style” with “Graphics Quality”. Things you don’t see on YT or Twitch is that fabrics/materials etc actually have a textured look/feel to them. Also the lighting in game is so much better. This is really were the graphical improvements were implemented.

Digital, what platform are you playing it on?

I am playing on PC.

Can’t wait to play more!!! Only have about 2-3 hours logged. Many hours to be had with this game.

1 Like