For Honor Closed Beta Weekend Approaches

Since For Honor’s announcement at E3 2015, it seems like we’ve seen every step of the game’s progress. Ubisoft has been insistent about keeping its eager fan base in the loop, showing off trailer after trailer, offering testing phases, character and class reveals and more. After a successful alpha, the medieval hack and slash will be offering a closed beta weekend at the end of this month, perhaps one of the last chances to test the game before its Valentine’s Day launch date.

During the beta event, players will be enlisted in the “War of the Factions” to “get a taste of the overarching conflict between the three warring groups.” Upon signup, you’ll pledge yourself to one of the three factions — Knights, Vikings or Samurais — and fight for that group during the beta weekend. At the end of the weekend, the faction topping the global leaderboards will earn exclusive rewards. This is in addition to the extra rewards beta participants already receive. All progress made during the beta, as well as these rewards, will carry over when the full game launches in February.

To be eligible to participate in the beta, which will be available from January 26th-29th, be sure to head on over to For Honor’s official website and sign up here. The official launch date is February 14th.

1 Like

I am already registered.
I forgot.

This seems to happen a lot recently.

what are grg members pledging too? I signed up for knights.

I chose I’m not sure yet

is one of the factions gimps.

Looking at some of the gameplay, this reminds me of CoD with swords.

Arm yourself with even more knowledge ahead of Ubisoft’s upcoming closed beta weekend for For Honor, before you pick up a weapon and see what you think of the upcoming hack & slash title. Ubisoft has released new details for the upcoming beta, as well as a couple of videos that showcase more gameplay from some of the different characters that will be joining in the fight.

On offer in the beta will be new multiplayer content, maps, and playable Heroes. Choose between nine of the 12 different Heroes from the three different Factions - Knights, Vikings, and the Samurai which we covered a gameplay trailer for just a few days ago. Each Hero will be unique and will come with their own fighting styles, armour, weapons, skills and levels of progression.

Square off against other players in three of the five multiplayer modes that will be available - Dominion 4v4, Brawl 2v2, and Duel 1v1. The fast-paced fighting will take place amongst six different environments that includes three new maps. Also, Beta participants will be able to check out “Faction War”, a global, on going and cross-platform event that sees a war constantly being fought between the different Factions from the game.

If you’d like to learn more about the story of the different warriors from the game, and bag yourself a Closed Beta Code for doing so, then take a look at the newly released interactive experience “SCARS”, right here.

The Closed Beta trailer showcases the different multiplayer modes that will be featured in the Beta, as well as the different Factions and Heroes:

Ubisoft continues with the Heroes series for the game with parts #11 and #12. The first video showcases the The Valkyrie of the Viking Faction who were previously though to have vanished:

The Valkyries have made a deal with the gods. They will fight and earn glory so that those who can’t will be counted in the halls of Valhalla. They are scouts and trackers who use their spears and shields to deadly effect. They are chosen by the gods — hope you never encounter one on the battlefield.

Next up, The Lawbringer of the Knight Faction. Having once been scattered “for centuries”, the Lawbringers have returned, re-grouped and reunited under the single banner of the Iron Legion:

The Lawbringer: The Lawbringers are the justice in Ashfeld. They enforce the laws and dispense punishment. Their armor is without equal. Their weapon is a grim reminder of the ultimate punishment for lawlessness. They will go wherever they are needed – pray that you are on the right side when they arrive.

For Honor’s Closed Beta kicks off on January 26th through January 29th. The full version of the game is still scheduled to release on the Xbox One on February 14th.

1 Like

Tried the open beta just now. This game is not for me. What did everyone else think?

Here’s the link for open beta if you want to try it out:

anyone playing on pc trying to use my pc more often let me know

I did the Closed Beta but I expect it was pretty similar.

Kinda fun but not enough variety for me to pay full retail.
Plus I didn’t really enjoy the 1v1 or 2v2, just the 4v4 - which was almost like a MOBA really.