Fortnite - Zombie / Survival Game

Fortnite is coming to Xbox, PS4 and PC next month as early access (isn’t everything?) for $39.99. The game might be for the Left 4 Dead and Ark fans. You have to build up large forts to survive the zombie storm. The graphics are very cartoony and they have a hero buy system similar to Smite and Paladins.

Epic Games’ new shooter Fortnite will be playable on PS4, PC and Xbox One from July 25.

Paid Early Access begins on all formats next month, or you can pre-order the Founder’s Pack and jump in four days earlier on July 21.

Although the game will be free-to-play when it comes out of Early Access, buy-in for early play will set you back between $39.99 and $149.99.

Fortnite is a loot-shooter where players build rickety defenses before bracing themselves for a showdown with hordes of enemies.

Fortnite Early Access prices are as follows:

STANDARD EDITION – $39.99/€39.99/£34.99

• Game Access
  • 4 Exclusive In-Game Banner Icons
  • 6 Daily Loot Pinata Packs
  • Exclusive Founder’s Loot Pinata Pack

DELUXE EDITION – $59.99 ($100 value)/€59.99/£49.99

• Game Access
  • Rare Starter Hero Pack (8 Heroes)
  • Rare Starter Weapon Pack (Includes 4 Weapons/1 Trap)
  • Exclusive Founder’s Pistol
  • 10 Exclusive In-Game Banner Icons
  • 24 Daily Loot Pinata Packs
  • 4 Exclusive Founder’s Loot Pinata Packs
  • 5 Immediate Loot Pinata Packs
  • 10 XP Boosts
  • 10 Giftable XP Boosts For Friends
  • 50 Extra Vault Inventory Slots

SUPER DELUXE EDITION – $89.99 ($150 value)/€89.99/£74.99

• Game Access
  • 1 Standard Edition For Friends ($39.99 Value)
  • 2 Exclusive In-Game Defenders
  • Exclusive Founder’s Chat Channel
  • 15 Exclusive In-Game Banner Icons
  • 36 Daily Loot Pinata Packs
  • 6 Exclusive Founder’s Loot Pinata Packs
  • 20 XP Boosts
  • 20 Giftable XP Boosts For Friends
  • 100 Extra Vault Inventory Slots

LIMITED EDITION – $149.99 ($300 value)/€149.99/£124.99

• Game Access
  • 1 Exclusive Epic Weapon
  • 2 Digital Standard Editions For Friends ($79.98 Value)
  • 2 Exclusive Legendary Heroes
  • 10 Extra Backpack Inventory Slots
  • 20 Exclusive In-Game Banner Icons
  • ·72 Daily Loot Pinata Packs
  • ·12 Exclusive Founder’s Loot Pinata Packs
  • 15 Immediate Loot Pinata Packs
  • ·40 XP Boosts
  • 40 Giftable XP Boosts For Friends
  • 200 Extra Vault Inventory Slots
1 Like

I have never seen such fragile looking forts.
Interested.
Wonder if there is any sort of story or if it’s just this wave defence thing.

1 Like

Fortnite’s developers call it a co-operative action building game. You craft, scavenge, and build a giant fort to defend against your enemies in a procedurally-generated world. Worlds are hosted on dedicated servers so you’ll be able to bring your stuff with you to every world when you join your friends, which is a nice change of pace from something like Minecraft which was clearly an inspiration.

The moment to moment has depth. You need to go on missions to get loot and resources to build your fort. It’s all about doing what you want. If you want to just shoot things, there are missions for that. If you want to build, there are missions for that. The developers hope all players will find something to love here.

If you want to hear more, you can take a look at the 10 minute interview below:

Fortnite will launch on July 21st.

i saw this a long time ago. it looked fun but I forgot about it becasue at the time it was pc only. it kinda reminded me of the trap setting and defense from Sunset Overdrive mixed with some ark building. this was before i had a gaming pc. I will be watching it

85 minutes of gameplay. Game looks like it will satisfy Zombie Ark fans.

Looks like fun. Also looks like it could get old fast. Doubt I will get it at $40. I will probably try it our when it’s free to play. Not a fan of games that locks characters behind a pay wall especially when you are paying money for the game in the first place.

Six years after being announced (and being announced only three weeks after the team came up with the idea), Epic Games has finally confirmed the European and PAL markets release date for Fortnite, which wasn’t set in stone. Epic also confirmed further details on the pre-order bonuses.

Fortnite is a horde fighter, base building and weapon crafting game altogether and allows the player to control and recruit ninja, constructor, commando and outlander class heroes to help to fight the hordes and protect from eventual storms.

Fortnite allows a four-day early access in all the four bundles available (Standard Founder’s Pack, Deluxe Founder’s Pack, Super Deluxe Founder’s Pack and Limited Edition Founder’s Pack) and what’s interesting is that both the Super Deluxe and Limited Edition packs include one and two extra copies of the game, respectively, allowing for some savings when considering the bonuses, but also to have a co-operative experience made available from the moment of purchase.

The Standard Founder’s Pack includes:

• 4 Exclusive In-Game Banner Icons

• 6 Daily Loot Pinata Packs

• Exclusive Founder’s Loot Pinata Pack

The Deluxe Founder’s Pack includes:

• Game Access

• 10 Exclusive In-Game Banner Icons

• 24 Daily Loot Pinata Packs

• 4 Exclusive Founder’s Loot Pinata Pack

• 10 XP Boosts

• 10 Giftable XP Boosts For Friends

• 50 Extra Vault Inventory Slots

The Super Deluxe Founder’s Pack includes:

• Game Access

• 1 Extra Standard Edition For A Friend ($39.99 Value)

• 15 Exclusive In-Game Banner Icons

• 36 Daily Loot Pinata Packs

• 6 Exclusive Founder’s Loot Pinata Packs

• 20 XP Boosts

• 20 Giftable XP Boosts For Friends

• 100 Extra Vault Inventory Slots

The Limited Edition Founder’s Pack includes:

• Game Access

• 2 Exclusive Legendary Heroes (for your favourite class)

• 1 Exclusive Legendary Weapon

• 2 Extra Standard Editions For Friends ($79.98 Value)

• 10 Extra Backpack Inventory Slots

• 20 Exclusive In-Game Banner Icons

• 72 Daily Loot Pinata Packs

• 12 Exclusive Founder’s Loot Pinata Pack

• 15 Immediate Loot Pinata Packs

• 40 XP Boosts

• 40 Giftable XP Boosts For Friends

• 200 Extra Vault Inventory Slots

Fortnite is releasing July 25th, with pre-orders having access to the game from July 21st.

1 Like
1 Like

I still can’t decide, watched some gameplay videos but they didn’t help.
I think for now I’ll wait for it hit F2P.

A Storm Is Moving In Over The World Of Fortnite

If you’re finding it tough enough as it is to survive in Epic Game’s third-person shooter / tower defence title Fortnite, you may want to stay indoors for the upcoming Survive The Storm update that looks to test even the most skilled survivors of the world.

Once the storm rolls through Fortnite’s world, your mission is to simply survive. The update will include the new Survive The Storm mode where special mutant storms rip through the world and present unique challenges, rewards, new weapons, new heroes, new defenders and plenty more. The threat will only be here for a limited time so you can either steer clear of the storm or dive head first into it and try and come out of the other side with some exclusive loot.

Here’s a summary of all that’s to come:

Survive The Storm Mode
This limited-time mode will test even the most prepared Commander. Gather resources during the day while battling increasingly more difficult threats every night.

Mutant Storms
These limited-time Storms have modifiers like enraged husks or limited health. Survive these Storms and you can earn some special loot.

Hydraulic Weapon Set
Introducing the hydraulic weapon set. Scavenged from the industrial yards of Plankerton, and rebuilt into husk-destroying machines, these nine high-impact weapons can only be acquired by earning tickets as you complete mutant storms.

And More!
We’ve also got new heroes and defenders along with a host of performance enhancements and brand new art for the Canny Storm Shield Homebase.

We also have a trailer breaking down the upcoming content in video form:

Lastly, executive producer Zak Phelps and creative director Darren Sugg sit down and talk about the upcoming update in all of its glory as well as the new weapons, missions and Llamas that will be included:

The Survive The Storm update for Fortnite is available today…

1 Like

Is this any good @TheBodyFarmer ?

I have not tried it yet. They announced this so long ago and I really want to try it, but it got lost in my schedule. School started and I just don’t have the gaming time. But I will try it at some point, always wanted to.
Ive been watching for it for like 2 years, if I remember right, I’m afraid they finally released it and it has just been lost in the background. What about you @beers_and_leafs? My budget and gaming time has been fairly limited. School starting and we are trying to get our house ready to sell. Just not sure when i will get to this one, and fall is here. I’m looking forward to getting back into COD, Destiny(maybe), etc.

I was intrigued by it, but haven’t really seen or heard a lot about it except that it’s kinda easy.

descent video as he goes thru most aspects of the game.

1 Like

Fuck it. 60 bucks for a game that’s gonna be free in 2018? I’ll wait.

1 Like

I agree.

They can’t both claim it’s early access and state that they will go F2P next year.
It doesn’t work.