Game of Thrones Talk (Spoilers welcomed!)

Agreed! Look forward to what the last two episodes bring!

I have always liked jon snows character, glad he is doing something worthwhile.

2 Likes

Best ep of the season so far, I was beginning to lose anticipation and eagerness to see what would happen next. The lack of tits is disturbing tho lol

Slow start had me worried too, but has been worth the build up!

1 Like

They have to build it up, you canā€™t have a Red Wedding or Hardhome battle every week. In fact, the books are even slower.

A lot of differences in the books / show (which is fine).

Tyrion never meets Daenerys. This is original to the show. Although, I assuming the next book covers this. Maybe now Daenerys will get her head out of her ass and actually do something.

Ser Jorah the Explorer doesnā€™t see Daenerys again after being banished. Nor does he have the GoT-HIV (greyscale).

Jon Snow does not go to Hardhome or fight any white walkers. Iā€™m glad the show went this direction. Moved the plot along and that battle was epic.

Rattleshirt (lord of the bones) was a little more prevalent in the books. Although heā€™s dead already anyway. Melisandre used her magic to make people believe he was Mance Rayder (whoā€™s still alive in the books). This was a plot that Jon Snow came up with. I guess Melisandre has the hots for Jon.

We now know that Valyrian steel can lay down the whoop ass on White Walkers. Iā€™m guessing Sam will learn how to make it at Castle Black.

Anyway, Iā€™m fine with the differences. They streamlined the mess Martin wrote. And this last episode was kick ass. The White Walkers and their army is just nasty. Especially the Zombie Kids. Holy Fuck!

4 Likes

Well put. I agree

1 Like

I am in agreement with gunnyā€™s agreement, which was agreeing with @Lala_Calamariā€™s very well said statement regarding GoT. Agreed

I watch on HBOGo and see the sneak preview to next week as well as a more in depth look at this weekā€™s epi. A lot of what they are doing doesnā€™t exist in the books at this point, as we already know. The one thing they are doing is to bring a little more depth into the show as well as give the readers and non something more exciting and to look forward to.

I have never read the books, so I canā€™t say, but Iā€™m fine with the direction. Yea it got slow, but I donā€™t mind that in this case. Lots of storyline to cover and not a lot of time. That and they havenā€™t touched brandā€™s story at all this year and I heard they wonā€™t.

Donā€™t read the books if you guys think the show is slow. The books can be mind numbing at times.

1 Like

GoT recap at Imugr.

1 Like

Selfie!

1 Like

5 Likes
4 Likes

Kinda slow, but very powerful episode. I normally donā€™t mind stannis, but fuck that! Want to see his head on a pike now.

Yeah, no shit. Trying to figure out wtf is going on as Shyreen, Wife and the wicked witch are all safe at the Wall in the books. Then Ser Jorah the Friendzone saving the queen. She finally rides a dragon. I hope she got a good deal on the Unsullied as they just suck in battle.

Yeah, fuck Stannis. That was pretty fucked up! Hope the Onion Knight sticks a sword in Stannisā€™ bung hole!

Welp. So much for thinking Stannis was as likable as Daenerys. If Momma Dragon and Jon Snow do some morally reprehensible shit next season, weā€™re down to cheering on the White Walkers.

1 Like

Iā€™m not crazy about Daenerys. WTF has she done other than get 3 dragons and whine that ā€œI should be queenā€. In the books sheā€™s a weak leader. The cities she ā€œliberatesā€ fall back to chaos after she moves on.

I donā€™t think Jon Snow is capable of doing anything wrong.

As for people taking over, I still stand by the fact that Jon Snow and Tyrion will ride the other two dragons. We all pretty much know Jon is part Targaryion (sp?). Thereā€™s also a big theory that Tyrion is as well, which I believe. The Mad King knocked up Tyrionā€™s mother. Which is why Tywin hated him so much.

Interesting lala. Iā€™ve not heard any of that before but makes for some nice theory/reality. Gots me thinking more now

Tyrion Targaryen Theory.