Ghost Recon: Wildlands Beta Feb 3rd

http://i.imgur.com/fIv12z5.jpg

Ghost Recon: Wildlands closed beta starts Feb. 3rd.

The cartel-controlled open world of Bolivia will be receiving visitors early next month during the Closed Beta for Ghost Recon Wildlands. From February 3-6, aspiring Ghosts and their co-op partners will infiltrate the province of Itacua where they can work towards dismantling the Santa Blanca cartel in any way they choose. Players will be able to travel solo or team up with up to three friends in co-op as they take advantage of the wide variety of vehicles, weapons, and equipment available to the Ghosts.

The closed beta will be available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, with pre-loading beginning on February 1. Those interested can sign up for a chance to participate at the official website. To learn more about the open world of Bolivia and the premiere of the live-action War Within the Cartel video, check out these stories:

3 Likes

That is good news. I wonder when they are going to send out emails?
Preload on the 1st is great. I hope i get in…

1 Like

I’d like to get in on the Beta. I’m not a big Co-Op player so I’m a bit iffy on this title. The only reason I’d get it is to really game with GRG as I expect a lot of us will be buying it.

Looking forward to this one

1 Like

I’m digging the new trailer here. The customization looks really sick. I also like that it doesn’t have to be super serious if we don’t want it to be. I assume some of us will try the “destroy everything with construction equipment” approach. LEROY JENKINS!!!11!!211!

2 Likes

I am thinking Leroy Jenkins should be our Clan Tag for this game.

1 Like

After hearing about it almost nonstop since E3 2015, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands is just about a month out from its March release date. In December, Ubisoft encouraged players to sign up for a future beta. The time for that beta has almost arrived with the dates scheduled for February 3rd-6th. While betas are designed for developers to get feedback and sort out the remaining bugs and kinks before the game goes gold, they’re also a good chance for players to see if a game is worth its salt.

With the date being announced, Ubisoft has also let us know about the finer details. There will be a preload starting February 1st at 8 a.m. CET with an estimated 25 GB download size. The beta will not be available in Japan, China or North Korea.

As for the content, players will be able to create their character and enjoy “the first few hours” in the Itacua province, which is one of 21 regions in the open world game. This includes exploration as well as testing out the story and side missions within the area. Ghost Recon Wildlands can be played in up to four player co-op. To make sure players are getting the full co-op experience, each beta participant will be offered three additional codes to give to their friends.

If you haven’t yet signed up for the impending beta, you can do so here. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands launches on March 7th.

1 Like

Has the beta emails gone out? I haven’t gotten one and I don’t recall anyone talking about it yet.

None for me yet. I’d really like to get to play the beta, even if for only an hour. I’m on the fence (waffling like Johnny which means I’ll just buy it anyway) with this game.

2 Likes

People are starting to talk about them on Reddit in the last day or so.
Seems some codes have already gone out, not many though.

I saw an email that said “Pre-Order Now” and get guaranteed Beta Access.

Don’t know if I’m willing to make that commitment at this point.

Not the point of a Beta for me.
I use it to decide whether or not I want to actually get the game…

1 Like

That would be called a Demo. Beta should be to stress test the game. Most companies don’t like to run the public betas as they really have to create 2 games. 1 beta and 1 prod. It does suck that they now like to give access to those that pre-order it. Shitty business tactic.

Yeah - but they don’t usually offer demos anymore.
I appreciate the main purpose might be to stress test, I’m all for that, we’ve certainly had some game launches that have failed epically due to server overload.

Still though, presuming that it is mostly representative of gameplay then it’s what I use it for.
The company uses it to stress-test, I use it to find out if I like what the game offers.

Congratulations. Hope to see one come across my email as well. Did yours come with the three extra codes as well? They touted that in an email earlier this week.

It’s 3 extra invites for whatever platform you signed up to the beta with.

man i hope i see an email from ubisoft for this one. I had the for honor beta but didnt play due to time. Did get into the division alpha and beta back in the day. Good Times

There’s an Open Beta for For Honor coming up.

9th Feb - 12th Feb

oh nice…look forward to that then.