GRG Iron Potato Tournament Team List

Massive success for Grg tonight. Team sandy bag tested how it would deal with a lag switch. We played straight up vs lag teams and we did ok. Not great but better than expected. Thanks @Grex for the idea of going sideways.

2 Likes

GG Fellas! Had a good time with team Potato Raiders ( I wanted taint raiders!). Private lobbies could be a fun monthly distraction from the PVE grind. I’ll definitely have to hook up with @ezekielJP and the other West Coast D2 contingent.

Thanks @valiantvictory @Sniper_T1 @ezekielJP and @SoulTerror for finding room in your backpacks for me!

5 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks to @valiantvictory who really put the effort in to organizing the teams and picking the game types… Last minute subs changed things but there wasn’t really anything we could do there.

5 Likes

Have a look at the evening’s events from the Team Dizney perspective.
The games were great, we had a great time.
Thank to all of the GRG Admin team for putting the event together, it was a blast.
Grex’s team was the obvious winner here going undefeated all night.
This is just the uncut footage, you can skip through whatever you want.
I’ll be posting matches and out-takes to YouTube as soon as I can get time to carve the turkey.

5 Likes

Good games by everyone. Definitely had a good time. Gotta do this again.

4 Likes

Yeah fun times indeed. Thanks to @valiantvictory for setting it up.

4 Likes

Fuck @destinyplayers , Fuck @valiantvictory for giving me such a shitty team Captain and fuck @Lala_Calamari for his horrible team leadership. Back on the dust pile this game goes.

6 Likes

1 Like

It’s a shame we had so many subs and drops. Kind of ruined the tournament if you ask me.

Don’t sign up for the tournament if you can’t commit to playing all the games. It really just fucks over everyone else.

Yes, the subs altered a lot…however, I’d like to give props to @valiantvictory, regardless of the subs and swaps, it was a good time. Got me playing with a couple guys I hadn’t ever played with. Just overall a lot of fun. I’m sure there were some lessons learned, but for a 1st try, it ran reasonably well. Thanks Valiant, well done

5 Likes

That’s the main goal of these events. Get people out of their usual gaming cliques and work in some new friends.

3 Likes

1 Like

yea I learned a few things that will make this more fun…
matches need to be longer
Score limit higher
respawn maybe a second or 2 faster
more teams and more alts…have to deal with “no shows” and “leave earlies”

I think next time i will just stay off a team and admin…(you all will be better w/o me playing anyway)
10 games is too many and 4 did feel too short but we still had some drop out after just a few

I will come up with a format that will support like 7 games…that will probably be close to the 2 hr limit if we can start close to on time.

@destinyplayers Thank you for playing GRG, it was great, even better next time

3 Likes

Don’t be silly.

1 Like

This is patently absurd. You MUST play.
It really ran smooth. I was 90% of the problems because I was scattere-brained and didn’t understand how to best manage the situation because I was being all Timmy…

I think if we did just a couple things a little different it’d help everyone out:
#1 - Both teams join the same party for shit talking and game start-up. There were more than a few surprise start ups, but it wasn’t that big of a deal. Just might save some confusion. .

#2 - (And if yall did this and I missed it, I’m sorry) - Get all the Team Leads together and let us agree who will invite who to what match in advance. One team lead just needs to invite the other team lead… Teams can follow their leads to the new parties. That worked well for me when we joined with LaLa.

That’s it… I think if we did those 2 things, or something like this, we’d have a little less head scratching…

Oh yea, there’s a #3 - I can’t remember what it is though… I’m pretty sure it’s some kind of smart ass comment about Voluntelling people to do stuff though. :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll add #4. Pick maps that everyone can play. We ran into a minor problem because not everyone had the dlc and had to switch maps on the fly.
Honestly, everything ran really smoothly for a Grg event.
Still not going to buy the second half of the game though.

3 Likes

We were not sure on the map issue. Valiant did select a backup just in case. It was posted.

2 Likes

You did a great job @valiantvictory running this event. Had a great time and learned a few things myself as a player. Definitely looking forward to next time we play.

2 Likes

Hey guys, after the event ended a few of us got some very interesting lessons from MTX on how to flip on beast mode.
He offered some really useful tricks.
I have the whole conversation/video documented… it happens toward the end of the night.
I’ve already talked to MTX about Isolating the section for a video all its own.
If you want to see what he says, fast forward to: 3:34:10 is…
Check out what he had to say.

1 Like