Grim Reaper Gamers TESO Fishing Tournament Info (WIP)

Grim Reaper Gamer Elder Scrolls Online Fishing Tournament Info

Need a break from that constricting armor, cuts, bruises, and chaffing from your mount. Sign up for the fishing tournament and lets get piss drunk and catch some slimy fish.
On Sunday August 2nd D1G1TALC1PHERS will be hosting a Xbox One Elder Scrolls Online Fishing Tournament. It will mainly be for fun and working towards that fishing achievement. Booze is required but your armor is not.
The first tournament will take place in Khenarthi’s Roost there will be two prizes given. The first to catch a Rare Pyandonean Ray will get 1000 gold. The second prize will be given to the angler that catches the most of whatever species I name at the end of the night. They will receive 1000 Gold.
To verify the fish the angler is responsible for taking a screenshot using xbox one’s “Xbox take screenshot” command. Then sharing the screenshot with D1G1TALC1PHERS. This is also based on the honor system please do not bring fish with you to the event. If feel like you cheated I will boot you ass from the clan (Not really, but I am serious. I will). It is for fun and bragging rights. Don’t be a dick.

Basic Rules/Guidelines

1. You must fish with the group
  2. You don’t have to drink but it is
    highly encouraged
  3. Pants are not required
  4. BYOB… Bring your own Bait
    (we will be able to supply some if needed)
  5. You must be in Guild Chat
    All Members Room #2
  6. Streaming to Twitch.TV is encouraged (Contact
    D1G1TALC1PHERS to be featured on Multi Stream)
  7. Please, Please,Please
    http://grimreapergamers.com/events/2015/08/elder-scrolls-online-fishing-tournament-series-one/

If we get enough interest this series will continue every Sunday until everyone gets their master angler achievement.

Fishing Tips

**How to fish:**
Fishing is simple enough to do: it requires no skill points, as it has no skill tree, and no equipment, as the rod magically appears in your hand when needed. All you need is to find some bait and a fishing hole.
A fishing hole will be a puddle of fish splashing around in the water. When you find a fishing hole and look at it, you'll be prompted to hold down A to select a bait.
A wheel will pop-up, not unlike the quick item wheel, and whatever bait you have in your inventory will appear in one of the 9 bait slots.
Once your bait is selected, when you move your crosshairs over the fishing hole again, you will be prompted to hit A to cast your line. And then you wait...
Somewhere between 10 and 25 seconds later, a fish begins tugging on your line. You have a couple of seconds to hit A again to reel it in. If you don't hit A, you'll lose the fish and waste your bait. But if you do hit A in time, as long as auto-loot is turned off (turn off auto-loot before you go fishing, trust me), you'll see a loot box pop up with one of two things in it:
A) used bait (failure)

or

B) anything else that’s not used bait (SUCCESS!)

More tips can be found here…

2 Likes

I, for one, love this idea and can’t wait to participate

You had me at Pantless!

2 Likes

I am in but have a problem. I have no bait and am out of town for a week so will not be on. In other words, not sure how much bait I will be able to gather between now and then. I will do my best.

I can share some bait with you. I have a lot from farming clothing mats.

I have some to share. Everything but worms.

H2 only wants the worm!

1 Like

Can’t use dynamite or an old crank phone ?

I have actually used an old crank phone before.

I have a rod that will magically appear

That tiny nubbin will never catch a fish.

Alright, I’m in. You all had me at booze, no pants, and fishing.

1 Like

it caught you

If I make it back in time tonight I’m ready!

3 Likes