Grounded racked up over a million Xbox and Steam players in just the first two days

Grounded might describe itself as the smallest game, with players shrinking down to fight bugs in the backyard, but in just the first two days after its release into Xbox Game Preview and Steam Early Access, the game had already attracted over a million players.

Mikey Dowling, director of communications for Obsidian Entertainment, had already said that the Grounded team would be “adding content based on feedback from the community for everything from single-player story to new bugs and features,” and that the game had launched into Early Access for just this reason: “so we could gather and implement your feedback early in the game development process and ultimately build a better game.” Now, the Grounded team has confirmed that the game will get its first monthly update on August 27th, and that these updates will “bring you more to do in Grounded every month.”

Adam Brennecke, game director of Grounded, says, “We want to thank the community for showing support for the recent release of Grounded on Xbox Game Preview and Steam Early Access. In its first two days of availability, we’ve had over one million players explore the mysterious backyard, battle giant spiders, and gather tons of useful materials — which has absolutely blown away our small team of 13 here at Obsidian! With so many of you interested in our game, we can’t wait to bring you more to do in Grounded every month. As we look forward to building Grounded together, we want to let you know that this journey is just the start of the adventure and we will be making continued updates and fixes to ensure the best player experience possible.”

Those that have tried it, what do you think of Grounded so far?

Me? I tried it right when it released, and although it seemed kinda cool and looked great, it’s too much like Ark for me. But, I think if you liked or like Ark, or Ark-like games, you’ll enjoy this.

1 Like