GTA Online Double Rewards Event, Last Chance to Transfer Last-Gen Characters

As well as the usual offering of double rewards and special discounts in Grand Theft Auto V’s “GTA Onine”, Rockstar Games has another announcement too that involves character transfers from Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360).

First up, various adversary modes are offering double GTA$ and Rep Points which can help with working towards the Above The Law achievement. Play in either Juggernaut, Vehicle Vendetta or Lost Vs Damned to double up on GTA’s rewards.

To help be successful in the adversary modes, you need the right equipment, vehicle and ammo so the discounts available on Executive Offices, Vehicle Warehouses, weapons, and more will surely help during the fortnight-long event. Take a look at the list of special deals and stock up on whatever you need:

• 50% off Executive Offices
  • 25% off Vehicle Warehouses
  • Ammu-Nation: 25% off all Pistols, Sniper Rifles and light Machine Guns
  • Warstock Cache & Carry: 25% off the Turreted Limo, Buzzard attack chopper and Cargobob
  • Legendary Motorsport: 25% off the Pegassi Osiris supercar
  • Benny’s Original Motor Works: 25% off the Principe Diabolus motorcycle and off Vehicle Cosmetic Modifications (Liveries, Tires, Wheels, Bobbleheads, Spoilers, Trims and more)
  • Los Santos Customs: 50% off all Vehicle Armor and Bulletproof Tires. 25% off Vehicle Cosmetic Modifications (Wheels, Tires, Lights, Plates, Hoods, Tints, Resprays and more)

Special premium races will be taking place with the first starting now and the second taking over on February 7th. Premium races offer big GTA$ for the top three finishers and all racers taking part will be rewarded with triple RP:

“The Wave” (locked to the Principle Diabolus) is already live and will run until February 6th. “Vespucci” will replace the first on February 7th and run until February 13th.

Time Trials will be another event taking place where players do their best to beat the par times for GTA$ and RP. “Storm Drain” is live right now and runs until February 5th. “Up Chiliad” will start on February 6th and run until February 12th.

The time to transfer your “GTA Online” characters from last-gen versions of GTA V is coming to an end. The option to transfer will be no more come March 6th, 2017. While this won’t make any achievements unobtainable or discontinued, transferring a character over to the now-gen versions of the title can save a lot of time unlocking the achievements again as the progress is carried over with the transfer. For me personally, all of the online achievements unlocked within an hour of transferring my Xbox 360 character over to the Xbox One version as I had already completed all of the online achievements on the older version.

Let’s see what 2017 will bring for Rockstar’s super-successful Grand Theft Auto V.

It’s shame I can’t transfer last gen game save for sp.