Hello there!

Hi everyone, I’m usually known online as Mindfury or JP irl. I’m kind of always looking for a gaming group. I often find one in various MMOs, which usually fades away as I get bored of it (typical WoW expansion recurence). I found GRG simply by googling.

I’ve been gaming since the early days of the NES, but became truly enthralled through Teken, Resident Evil and FF7 on the Playstation. Since those early days, I’ve mostly moved to PC Gaming and more often than not in one MMO or another. I’ve dabbled in Tabletop RPG in my 20s, again in my 30s, and am always on the lookout for another gaming group. I’ve also done the occasional RP in games like Conan:Exiles

Outside of online games, I’ve played a multitude of solo games usually in the survival or sim genre like Subnautic, Raft, Minecraft, Terraria, Oxygen Not Included, Surviving Mars, FTL, They Are Billions etc.

Currently, I’m kind of in between games it seems and waiting for something fresh and new to come along. So I mostly play Overwatch and Diablo 3. I am very much looking forward to Ashes of Creation and/or Star Citizen to come on the market.

In real life, I am recently seperated, father of 3 teenage boys. I’ve been doing software development for about 20 years and my other hobbies are playing Guitar/Bass, reading SciFi/Fantasy.

Battle.net: Mindfury#11684
Discord: Mindfury#3210
Steamid: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197962036242/

2 Likes

Welcome to GRG its good to have you, @Nanookbjorn has done some table top gaming and has a discord for it. i did it for a while but between work and other bits of life i had a hard time making the sessions but it was a lot of fun for sure. Pc players here are all over playing different things from Destiny to Tarkov. i believe a few are also playing FFIVX

Welcome to the community

Welcome. I haven’t read a good fantasy book in a long time. Any recommendations?

Welcome to GRG!

welcome FF7 still one of the best games ever

1 Like

Welcome to GRG

It’s actually been a while since I read fantasy as well, but in Sci-Fi I’ve been reading the Commonwealth Saga by Peter F. Hamilton, which are absolutely incredible. It’s what you’d call Space Opera. Large number of story lines and protagonist.

I will have to check that out. Thanks.