High G's, Fast Apex's, High Stakes...Welcome to Racing!

IGN highlights various racing games. as they seem to just continue to roll out. With so many coming how can one choose out of them out. Well hopefully this list helps out.

Obvisiously many of us in GRG are looking forward to the upcoming release of Forza Motorsport 7, which is being released on October 7th, 2017. But if your a racing fool let the list sooth out the racing blues and give just alittle insight to many.

The games discussed are:

14 games each incredible in their own way. Have you played any of these ‘serires’ games? Which ones do you plan on getting if any, and for what system(s)?

For myself, ofc I am planning on getting Forza Motorsport 7…but after looking at these titles I could see some interest in Grip, which looks like a modern version of Wipeout. And then maybe Wreckfest…a throw back to games like Destruction Derby.

1 Like

I am not a huge fan of sim racing, I’m awful at it for one.
However I did love the NFS series, they focused more on enjoyment and far less punishing on the sim side of things. You mostly had to point your car the right way, high speeds and not hitting things were the key to victory.

A friend bought me GRIP, which included drifting, but was more like sim-like than anything else I’d tried (for more than 5 minutes).
Took me a few hours to start getting the hang of drifting in that, lost it all after I stopped playing it though. Rubbish again now. Had no interest in circuit racing either so never really progressed.

I want to enjoy the rally driving games too, but again I find them far too difficult for me.

1 Like

The Best Xbox Racing Games Available In 2017

2017 has been a good year for Xbox One racing games, and things are only going to get better with the likes of Forza Motorsport 7, Project CARS 2 and Need for Speed Payback still set to race onto the Xbox One console before 2017 crosses the finish line.

With so many racing games on the Xbox One to choose from already, here’s a list of the five best Xbox One racing games currently available in 2017.

Forza Horizon 3

Forza Horizon 3 takes the winning formula from previous releases in the series and improves upon them in almost every way. The expansive roster of cars are all beautifully designed right down to the smallest detail. The setting is stunning with very few walls and boundaries to inhibit your freedom, and now you can experience all of the fun in four-player co-op with the added bonus of being able to customise almost every aspect of each race to your choosing. Quite simply, Forza Horizon 3 is the pinnacle of open-world racers available on the Xbox One.

DiRT Rally

Dirt Rally is a true return to form for Codemasters’ Dirt franchise and may be the company’s best title to date. The developer set out to create the most realistic rally simulation available, something they have quite stunningly achieved. For some, the increased realism will come at a price, pushing the difficulty out of the reach of beginners and arcade racers, but for those prepared to put more effort and time into the title, there is a hard-earned but genuinely rewarding experience to be had.

F1 2017

Building on last year’s already successful iteration, F1 2017 has been tweaked, polished and refined. On top of all that, a whole load of new content has been added making it feel that there are almost two games in one. There’s more to motorsport than just driving speedily around tracks and this year’s installment has done its best to capture this. The massively expanded research and development tree and the new engine management system bring an extra level of detail that might frustrate the more casual player but that no doubt delights true Formula 1 fans. The racing remains as good as ever for all levels of drivers and with all of the new championships and invitationals, short track variants and classic cars, there is plenty of racing to be done. In short, this is possibly the most complete F1 title for a long time, and arguably the best in the franchise.

Forza Motorsport 6

Forza Motorsport 6 isn’t for everyone and the chances are that you will know in advance if this is the type of game that you would like to try. For those of you that have even the slightest interest in cars or racing, you’ll be treated to some of the finest, most immersive racing action that you can find short of doing the real thing. With a wide choice of assists and difficulties available, it’s ideal for both newcomers and hardcore racing fans alike.

There are certainly improvements that Turn 10 could make, such as dynamic time of day and weather and a less linear career mode that allowed access to better cars earlier. However, they are very minor annoyances that can be easily overlooked due to the quality of everything else that the game has to offer. With stunningly detailed visuals, sound and physics to match, a huge roster of cars to drive, and new wet and night races that add another dimension to the gameplay, this is a bigger and better Forza than we have ever seen before.

Project CARS

Project CARS is now a complete package and a deep and engaging racing sim. Marketed as “For Racers by Racers” with gamers not even mentioned, it’s clear at whom the title is aimed. Fully patched with a fuller catalog of cars and even more circuits, there is little left to complain about. The racing is as good, as real and as uncompromising as it gets on the console and it is a truly exhilarating experience. Prospective drivers will have to work hard for it but, ultimately, for those prepared to work and put in the effort, there is a massively rewarding driving experience here.

2 Likes

Current racing games installed on my Xbox One…

Dirt 3
Forza Horizon
Forza horizon 2
Forza Horizon 2 presents Fast and the Furious
Forza Horizon 3
Forza 5
Forza 6
Forza 7 preorder
GTA V :rofl:
NFS
NFS Rivals
Project Cars
Project Cars 2
The Crew

Racing games installed on my PC…

Dirt 3
Forza 6: Apex
Forza 7 preorder
Nascar '14
iRacing

Racing games on PS3…

Gran Turismo 5

I guess you could say I enjoy a racing game.

Edited to add:

Future additions: Assetto Corsa, F1 2017, WRC 7, The Crew 2

1 Like

Hey what about Excitebike

1 Like

That is one of my all time favorites.

No way, best racing game ever was Super Sprint. In the arcade, not the home versions.

Second fave:

What was that RC cars game. That was pretty fun after you figured out the steering mechanics. I always over or understeered.

RC Pro-Am?

Loved that game as well.

2 Likes

Yep that’s it!

Best arcade racer!

That was my third fave.

pshh…Fav and all time…