I know some of you are gonna get this game.

Telltale made an announcement at the tail end of last year that they will be using Mojang’s popular IP to create Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series, and during the past week at Minecon they gave us a glimpse at the game to see what it’s all about. Minecraft: Story Mode will put you in the shoes of Jesse, voiced by Patton Oswalt, as he and his friends go on an adventure spanning across the Nether, Farlands, the End, and more as they try and save the Order of the Stone, a group of four legendary adventurers who slayed an Ender Dragon. Telltale also shared a trailer to show us what we can expect from their upcoming title:

Minecraft: Story Mode is set to release later this year on both the Xbox One and Xbox 360, and more information on the game will be given at a panel at Minecon this Saturday, July 11th at 8:30am PT / 11:30am ET.

I called this for the GRG E3 show. Was hoping for the announcement then.

I’m sure my kids would play. They love the different Minecraft mods.

thought you said a mincecraft 2.0??

No, said they’d release Minecraft mods. This one specifically.

I almost don’t care if it is bad.
Been waiting for something like this ever since Minecraft really took off.
I’ve definitely fallen behind the whole franchise now, which actually happened ever since mods became popular.
Game started to grow exponentially at that point and then somehow you know a mere fraction of the content whereas before you knew all the recipes…